collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I never had a man, black or white, kiss me dead on the mouth before, but that's what he done. He say 'Lord, man, you done 100 percent. I've been on this job 35 years and I never seen a man do what you done in 2 days' - Bukka White, on Lester Melrose's reaction to his having written 12 new songs, Chicago, March 1940

Author Topic: 2015 EuroWeenie - New venue 10 - 11 April 2015  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
2015 EuroWeenie - New venue 10 - 11 April 2015
« on: July 28, 2014, 11:57:02 AM »
Fellow weenies  :)   :)   :)   :)   :)

After expending considerable effort, not to mention vast expense and amazing fortitude I have located a new venue and made a temporary reservation of 10 rooms for the 10-11 April 2015.

It's at a place I even played a couple of gigs back in the dark ages, I have feeling it even doubled as a place of ill repute at some stage... I digress, as that was then and now is now!

Take a look and let me have your thoughts pronto as it's not too late to knock it on the head - price ?110 per night for double room B&B - that means we can eat out hurray  :P  the good news doesn't stop there since they also are throwing in a free function room for the two nights.

Motorway M5 very close and in really pretty bit of the country, plus for fetishists it's not to far from the donkeys on the beach at Weston-Super(sic)-Mare - if you are reading this in the USA you probably think I've gone mad - quite right too!

www.webbingtonhotelandspa.co.uk/

Seriously folks, your views are required asap - the bookings will be different in that I will have to put a deposit down to hold the rooms, so you can see why I require your thoughts.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:00:21 PM by Richard »
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline One-Eyed Ross

Re: 2015 EuroWeenie - New venue 10 - 11 April 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:12:58 PM »
Gads....inflation in terrible.  110 pounds per night for a B&B...  Last time I was in GB my entire weekend wasn't that much!  (OK, that was BEFORE Charlie and Di tied the knot, so it was a while ago!)

Sounds like a great venue.  Almost makes me want to go over for a visit...Oh, wait.  England in April?  Hmmm...
SSG, USA, Ret

She looked like a horse eating an apple through a wire fence.

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 02:33:09 PM »
Well:

Its not cheap, given that a meal is not included- though a free function room certainly offsets that a bit (we were probably getting a very good deal at the previous place all told).

It is perhaps less than central and may be offputting to some who will have a longish haul to get there.

Neither of those things bothers me.  Not least because its almost on my doorstop.  If its there, then I will be (barring unforeseen disasters) but we definitely need some views form those farther afield or who might find the cost a concern.

Offline Gumbo

• So Papa climbed up on top of the house
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »
Do they have a camping rate?

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 01:24:38 AM »
I agree it could be cheaper, although as I recall the Lawns place was creeping up to the ?100 mark even it did include a meal of sorts. 

It is VERY difficult to find somewhere. Once it's mentioned it's for musicians who want to play guitar in a (free) function room the phone usually goes down and then there are the ones who never have the courtesy to reply...

At the moment I think the price is not the prime issue - what I want to know immediately is the location acceptable to the majority???

Offline harvey

• Howdy!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 01:30:55 AM »
Obviously a little biased because it is very close to home. But I think this a nice hotel in a good location.

If you are coming from North then it is easier than getting as far south as Fawlty Towers, and it is about as far west as it is south coming from the London area. Not so good for our Hampshire based friends though. Very close to Bristol airport should we have anyone flying in.

Rate is reasonable for a hotel of this standard. with the function room thrown in it is very good.

Think you have done a good job Richard.

I am happy unless anyone has a credible alternative.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 04:42:24 AM »
So do they have a single room rate? Sorry but I'm away from internet at mo! If no cheaper single room rate I'd probably stay in camper van and be a day attender...

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk

Offline Laura

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 06:39:33 AM »
Have no idea where I'll be in April but if I do get the opportunity to do Euroweenie next year the location is perfect.  Really close to the airport - more than I'd like to pay for the room but the ease of access will definitely offset that cost.  Would be rude not to spend a day on the beach with the donkeys or indeed pop over to Cheddar and get some decent cheese!
Thanks for taking the time to look for venues, Richard.  It does look very luxurious.  Anyone play tennis?

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 07:44:30 AM »
UPDATE...................

At the Lawns we paid last year  -

Twin\double room B&B inc Dinner (sic) all for ?130\room\day

Single room  B&B inc Dinner (sic) all for ?85\room\day

Now deduct an amount for the meal (my personal valuation being a tenner).

The Webbington would seem to like us there (amazingly enough) and after some haggling I am now quoted for B&B -

?110 B&B double\twin room with 2 sharing

?85 - B&B double\twin room single occupancy

And, before anybody asks there are no single rooms per se!

Plus, free function room and don't forget for those that need it there is the beauty treatment suite mit spa with bath full of decimated goats milk.

Can I again press for some input, I'd like to let them know tomorrow if possible.

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 12:28:59 PM »
The beauty treatment swings it for me. Richard with his face covered in mud with a slice of cucumber slapped on each eye - just picture it......... We could sell tickets to offset the room price!

Drink up ur zider.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 05:56:30 PM »
Not sure my work schedule will permit travel for those dates, but there is a possibility I would be in the neighbourhood.

I can't commit to a room at this point. But the lure of the brick is strong, of course.

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 12:29:34 AM »
Ah, the brick. We'll have to send one of our Forest chapter to recover it.  ;)

Offline Mike Shipman

• Howdy!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 05:13:05 AM »
Well done Richard for finding a venue, the ?85 single is good for me and a couple of hours drive is a decent road trip in my book, count me in.
Ps i went to the Lawns to retrieve the brick but their new ABP ***security system wouldnt let me get within 100yds of the building, i will return in a disguise to see what I can do.

***AntiBluesPlaying
Mike Shipman
New Forest - Hampshire, UK.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
>>>> NOW BOOKED<<<< 2015 EuroWeenie - New venue 10 - 11 April 2015
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 08:56:18 AM »
Right, it seems as though we sufficient interest and as these places have a habit of getting booked up with weddings et al I have now booked 10 rooms for the nights of 10\11th April 2015 - and we get  the "garden suite" as our free function room - who knows, that could just mean a few spaces in the car park! 

Please book directly with the hotel and mention the booking is for the group "Weekendblues" to get the correct rate.

Best Western Webbington Hotel and Spa
Loxton, Somerset, BS26 2HU
Tel: 01934 750100

www.webbingtonhotelandspa.co.uk/

Cost as B&B only ~
?110 B&B double\twin room with 2 sharing

?85 - B&B double\twin room single occupancy

Note ~ I have had to pay a deposit to secure the rooms, so early booking would be appreciated and would also show the hotel we do intend to appear.

Any problems please send me a message.
r

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 04:07:21 AM »
Looks like I'm in then. Just need to convince Mrs. PP to come along and enjoy the Somerset countryside with assurances she doesn't have to listen to the old (and young) geezers playing guitars.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal