collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
They call me Lazy, God knows I'm only tired - Lazy Lester

Author Topic: Want to learn about dobros  (Read 1174 times)

Fifthtry

Want to learn about dobros
« on: February 25, 2006, 03:09:09 PM »
Inviting any/all suggestions how I might learn about dobros.  Looking for a good book, online site, article, etc.  I'm interested in understanding their construction, what makes one different from another, etc.  A "Dobro for Dummies" would be perfect.  Thanks for tips.

John
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 03:12:54 PM by Fifthtry »

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Re: Want to learn about dobros
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 04:10:13 PM »
Hey John,

Are you using the term generically for all resonator guitars, as is common in the bluegrass and country music scenes, or are you referring specifically to the spider bridge type resonator guitars originally built by the Dobro Company (and more commonly used in the bluegrass and country scene) as opposed to the biscuit style resonator guitars originally built by the National Stringed Instrument Company (and more commonly used in the country blues scene)?

First thing you should do, to answer that question, and many more, would be to buy Bob Brozman's book, here. Or better yet, go thru the link to Amazon on the Weenie Juke page and contribute to keep the Juke going. (Thanks!) Bob's book is pretty much the bible, tho' not specifically for dummies.-G-

While you're waiting for that to be delivered, you might try Google?-G-

All for now,
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal