collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
If you don't understand it, don't mess with it - Louis Armstrong

Author Topic: Forum Usage: Quick Tips  (Read 8053 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Forum Usage: Quick Tips
« on: February 18, 2004, 09:20:22 PM »
In a hurry?  Want to save some mouse clicks?  Here are a couple of tips that will enable you to quickly check the forum for new messages and post a quick(er) reply.

Tip One:
Under the Main Menu (you must be logged in) you'll see a Unread Posts link.

This link will list all of your unread posts, in all boards, since your last visit.  By alternately clicking the new posts and using your browser's "back" button (or repeatedly click "Unread Posts"), you can read all the new posts on the forum, lickity split.

Tip Two:
For a quick reply, under your User Menu, go to View/Edit Profile>Look and Layout Preferences>Use Quick Reply on Topic Display.  Select the drop down to >Show, on by default.

You'll now find a small edit box at the bottom of every topic list.  Type your quick reply in the edit box and click the Post button for a quicker reply.

Efficiently yours,
Slack
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 04:00:05 PM by Slack »

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Re: Forum Usage: Quick Tips
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 11:03:28 PM »
Great work, as usual, Slack. I spotted the View Unread Posts? link. Very cool. Right when things started pickin' up a bit. Is there a way to access the code short cuts in the quick post? I guess it's only one click to a normal reply where they're accessible. I'm starting to learn about moderating so I can work on those guitar links.
All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 07:07:10 AM »
Hi JohnC, good deal.

Re: code short cuts on a quick - looks to me like you have to type those in on a quick reply.  Cannot have everything I guess.  :)

cheers,
slack

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 09:50:28 PM »
That is a great feature Slack, and I like the new emoticons or maybe I changed my settings accidently when messing with my profile ???. The whole board is easily the best on the net IMO, not that I'm biased or anything unnecessary like that. Hats off to you!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal