collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Ain't but one way to play the blues and that's play the blues. You can't mix Lionel Hampton in with the blues. You can't mix the Cream in with the blues. You can't mix Joe and the Fish in with the blues. You can't mix the Rolling Stones in with the blues. Now if you want to play something by the Rolling Stones, you go rehearse their stuff and go play it by them. But you won't be playin no blues - Albert King

Author Topic: Musical Traditions Records Downloadable Old Time Recordings  (Read 530 times)

Offline TenBrook

• darkhollar.tumblr.com
Musical Traditions Records Downloadable Old Time Recordings
« on: August 24, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »
I had stumbled on the name of Musical Traditions Records out of the UK awhile back when I saw they had released a cassette of early Texas fiddle music back in 1994 which is of course long out of print. However, another google search led me back to their website today and I noticed they now have the majority of their releases available for download at very reasonable prices. There are a batch of collections of 1920s and 30s old time releases (including that Texas fiddle tape ('Yearlings in the Canebrake')) that might be of interest to some of you. I'm assuming most if not all the tracks are probably already available from Document or others but figured it was worth a mention.

http://www.mtrecords.co.uk/

I downloaded one release already 'Far in the Mountains 1 & 2', a set of Appalachian folk recordings made in the 1980s. The price was right (80 tracks for a little over $5) and it was easy enough to purchase/download. The only downside is, for this release at least, none of the songs are labeled aside from numbers (track one is '321-01') so I'll have to go through and re-title the tracks if I want to know who and what I'm hearing at a glance. But, that aside, I'm very glad I made the discovery and purchase.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:48:52 PM by TenBrook »

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal