collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
He played in all the keys with all his fingers - Baby Tate on Willie Walker, to Peter B. Lowry

Author Topic: Additions to Weeniepedia  (Read 48901 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Additions to Weeniepedia
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2010, 05:41:10 PM »
Hi all,
All of Clifford Gibson's discovered sides released under his own name have been added to Weeniepedia, and the lyrics transcribed and entered now total 740 songs.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2010, 01:09:56 AM »
Hi all,
All of Clifford Gibson's discovered sides released under his own name have been added to Weeniepedia, and the lyrics transcribed and entered now total 740 songs.
All best,
Johnm
Astonishing dedication by one and all. I wish I could find time to "beef up" the bibliography section.

One question. I note that there's an area named discography which has just two Tampa Red CDs and with track lists. Is it the intention to also include critiques?

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 11:31:20 AM »
The discography section started as a natural enough area to have as part of weeniepedia, we've never gotten around to focusing on it, and maybe never will. Hence there only being a couple of placeholders in it.

The intention at the time was for it to contain definitive, obtainable, recommended releases for people wanting to build a solid collection, rather than being a complete discography. Mr Wirz has done an admirable job in that respect.

Now I come to think about it, since 'obtainable' was a criteria, it would be out-of-date every time something went OOP, which is all the time.

What would be nice would be for Stefan to get all his stuff into a Wiki, then you could tag said recommended & obtainable items, and have them searchable as such. (Hint Hint...)  ;D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:39:53 AM by Rivers »

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2010, 10:52:04 AM »
What would be nice would be for Stefan to get all his stuff into a Wiki, then you could tag said recommended & obtainable items, and have them searchable as such. (Hint Hint...)  ;D
As all Stefan's discographies are currently tagged here (plus one or two others) could one perhaps put links to them in what is currently a discographical area in Weeniepedia. Then at least it will have data and a "function" which at present is only home to two Tampa Red CDs.

Or am I talking out of the back of my head as per usual?

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2010, 05:06:10 PM »
Hmm, now there's an idea, if you could jump directly to the place on Stefan's page where the specific album was situated. That would need an HTML jump tag for each album on the page. Assuming said jumps were there (I can't discern that from viewing the source), you'd probably lose the upper navigation frame.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2011, 09:37:13 PM »
Hi all,
We now have the lyrics to 801 songs entered in Weeniepedia, and I've also entered the Positions/Tunings/Keys for John Hurt's Library of Congress Recordings and Libba Cotten's Folkways recordings in the Musicianship section of Weeniepedia.  If you haven't been there before or for a while, give it a visit.  It's getting to be quite a resource.
All best,
Johnm

Offline LB

• Ga
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2011, 06:44:20 AM »
Wow, what a body of work. Thanks!!!!

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »
Hi all,
Positions/Tunings/Keys for Shirley Griffith's Bluesville and Blue Goose recordings are up in the Guitar section, under Musicianship in Weeniepedia.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Slack

• Administrator

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2011, 01:17:18 PM »
Wow! Terrific John. Thanks!
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline Stumblin

• Got the Blues, can't be satisfied
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2011, 02:05:20 PM »
I'm trying to pin down the release dates for Charlie Patton: Founder of the Delta Blues Yazoo 2010 and KIng of the Delta Blues:The Music of Charlie Patton Yazoo 2001.
I couldn't find a Wirz discog. So I thought I'd give Weeniepedia a go.
Anyhoo, are there plans to update this? A compendious discography including various important CD releases sure would be mighty useful right 'bout now.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2011, 06:34:31 PM »
Founder: 1/1/69
King: 1/1/91

I got this from the interwebs so it must be true.

Seriously, who releases records on New Year's Day? But that's what I found. The year may, or may not, be accurate.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2011, 09:51:58 AM »
Hi all,
For what it's worth, I just noticed that after the most recent lyric entry, we now have the lyrics to 900 songs in Weeniepedia, including all the lyrics of Lemon Jefferson, Charlie Lincoln, Willie Baker, Willie Reed, Ramblin' Thomas, Herman E. Johnson, Gene Campbell, and many more.  If you haven't visited there in a while, you may want to check it out--it's becoming quite a resource.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2011, 05:30:36 PM »
Currently at 946 songs, we should have a party when we reach 1,000, 54 to go.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2011, 04:10:13 PM »
Hi all,
I added Dave and Howard's "My Bone's Gonna Rise Again" and ten Cannon's Jug Stompers songs that uncle bud had transcribed a while ago but never put into Weeniepedia.  As 2011 draws to a close, we have 1,000 song lyrics transcribed in Weeniepedia!  Happy New Year and best wishes for good times in 2012!
All best,
Johnm

Tags: Weeniepedia 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal