collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out? - Will Rogers

Author Topic: Th. 12/10 PM - Texas Sheiks/Geoff Muldaur/Jim Kweskin live on radio  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Cleoma

• Howdy!
Hi folks,
If anyone wants to hear the Texas Sheiks live, on the radio, we will be playing from 8:30 to 9:30 PM (Pacific Time) tonight, Dec. 10, on radio station KPFA (94.1 in the San Francisco Bay Area).  You can listen on the internet, too.  This is the group with Geoff Muldaur, Jim Kweskin, Johnny Nicholas, Cindy Cashdollar, Bruce Hughes and myself (and Eric will be playing with us too here in Berkeley).  We played last weekend in Austin Texas and I was in heaven. Without a doubt it's the best band I've ever been in, the singing just knocks me out.  To get to accompany them on the fiddle is a joy!!

To listen to KPFA online, go here: http://kpfa.org/home

I have no idea if we are ever going to play any more live gigs.  Geoff's about to have rotator cuff surgery, everyone in the band is involved in a million other things, we're all spread out geographically. I'm in a "whatever" place with it at this point, but of course I'm hoping that we will play together again, and if that happens, you can be sure I will post here. 

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: Th. 12/10 PM - Texas Sheiks/Geoff Muldaur/Jim Kweskin live on radio
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 10:14:43 AM »
I caught it last night--Great show, Suzy! A late start, but good things are worth waiting for!

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: Th. 12/10 PM - Texas Sheiks/Geoff Muldaur/Jim Kweskin live on radio
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 11:53:38 AM »
It's archived, so if you want to listen, here's the link:

http://kpfa.org/archive/id/56882

As I mentioned, the Sheiks got a late start--their set begins at about 1:10 in or a little thereafter.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal