The Unwound Third > Site Announcements, Tips & Trouble Reports

A Changing of the Guard

(1/4) > >>

Slack:
Greetings Weenies,

This past year, the old guard, which these days consists of Myself, John Miller(Johnm) and Mark Herman(Rivers), have been working to transition site management and ownership to the next generation of Weenies.  The site has become an important country blues resource in large part because of all the contributions made by you over the past 20 years. We thought it important to try and preserve this resource for as long as possible and so we have transitioned site ownership and management to Chris Berry(banjochris) and Franz van Veen (Blues Vintage) who are long time members and contributors to the site.  Chris Berry is our new Top Dog.

The old guard is not going anywhere, we plan to continue to hang out, contribute and help manage the site for the foreseeable future, but thought it important to let you know about the change.

Yours in Country Blues,
Slack

David Kaatz:
Thank you for all you do, Slack, John, and Mark. Thanks for all you've done.
To Chris and Franz, thanks for preparing to pick up the reins.

lindy:
Big thanks to Slack, Johnm and Rivers for midwifing Weenie and raising him to adolescence.

Helluva resource for lovers of the country blues.

The Admins are defunct! Long live the Admins!

Lindy

Doug:
I echo the others in expressing my thanks for Slack, Johnm, Rivers (and the others along the way) who have made Weenie what it is.  I don't often post, but I love having the site to come to and learn.

Passing the baton on to the next generation early is an example of the type of wise leadership you three have shown over the last twenty years!  Thanks for all you've done... and for what you'll no doubt continue to do.  :)

Parlor Picker:
Many thanks to the two Johns and Mark. It is impossible to quantify how much you have done. Thanks to Chris and Franz for taking over and good luck with your future endeavours. Long live Weenie Campbell!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version