collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
...put your knees together, let your backbone move - Fred McDowell, Shake em On Down

Author Topic: Sleeper bargain of the century?  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Alexei McDonald

• Howdy!
Re: Sleeper bargain of the century?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 07:18:47 AM »
In my experience this kind of finish ages very nicely.This guitar is going to look much like an old Stella with 20-30 years of honest wear & tear. Now if we're talkin' DISHONEST wear n' tear (I used to make approximate copies of 17th century Dutch picture frames) a few hits with a bicycle chain, a day or two out in the rain, a rubdown with some Japan Black and light grade steel wool, a dip in an ice water bath or freezing stream, a light scrub with rottenstone and Bob's yer uncle as they say somewhere...
Effects may vary. :P

Are you sure you're not the hidden mastermind behind Fender's Road Worn guitar line?  ;D

Offline David Kaatz

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 07:58:44 PM »
I've got one of these I bought for travelling - fits in the overhead bin most of the time.   Cedar top.  Intonation is good.  But other than that, I'm not sure what you guys see in it.  Not that loud.  Tone - meh.  But I did buy it because I was sick of playing my Martin backpacker when travelling.  A big improvement over that!  Doesn't compete well in duet situation with a concert size or D size guitar.  I paid about $350 brand new, 5-6 years ago.  I think I overpaid, was a bit too eager.  Should have talked them down.

your mileage may vary.

Dave

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 09:30:14 PM »
My experience is that two supposedly same model guitars, same woods, same factory, built the same week, can end up sounding completely different. Intangibles.
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal