collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
He played in all the keys with all his fingers - Baby Tate on Willie Walker, to Peter B. Lowry

Author Topic: John Miller Website  (Read 79230 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: New John Miller Website
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2016, 08:05:56 AM »
Thanks, Eddie.  The deal that Eddie alludes to is a "four lessons for the price of three" deal on the songs of your favorite musicians, including Baby Tate, Blind Boy Fuller, Bo Carter, Scrapper Blackwell, Mississippi John Hurt, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Libba Cotten, Joe Callicott, Willie Trice, Blind Willie McTell, Pink Anderson, Blind Blake, Buddy Moss and a host of others.  Go to http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html to check it out.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:59:47 AM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2016, 12:33:24 PM »
Hi all,
It's July 1 and time for a new Song of the Month lesson at my website.  The Song of the Month lesson for July 2016 is on Johnny St. Cyr's "Guitar Blues", which was recorded by Alan Lomax for the Library of Congress.  Here it is:

Johnny was a New Orleans musician who played a lot with Jelly Roll Morton and other prominent New Orleans musicians like Louis Armstrong.  The piece shows a beautifully sophisticated chordal sense, and he ventures into some harmonic territory unexplored even by such stellar players as Blind Blake, Lonnie Johnson and Rev. Davis. 

The Song of the Month lessons are available for $35.00, just for the months in which they are offered (a hard copy version, for $40.00 is available to U. S. residents only).  For more information and to order the lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .  Thanks for your time.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2016, 07:15:04 PM »
Hi all,
Just a reminder that the Song of the Month lesson on Johnny St. Cyr's "Guitar Blues" is running out soon.  Listen to the tune on the last previous post, where it also tells how to order the lesson.  Thanks.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2016, 09:44:48 AM »
Hi all,
I'm sorry to be posting the August Song of the Month lesson a little late, but I was away teaching at a music camp the first week this month.  The song I've chosen for the lesson is "Up and Down Buildin' the KC Line", a terrific field recorded blues played by "Little Brother".  It has many interesting and nifty touches that make it fun to sing and play.  Here is a link to the performance: 

Cost of the lesson, during the month of August, 2016 only, is $35.00 U. S. Dollars.  A hard copy version of the lesson is available to U.S. residents only, for $42.00.  For more information, or to order the lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .  I hope many of you will be interested in this terrific piece. I know the sound quality is a little rough, but don't be put off by that; Little Brother did some really inventive playing on the piece.  I should say I'll be away part of the month, so if turn-around is not immediate, don't be alarmed, I will fill all orders as quickly as I can.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2016, 03:48:16 PM »
Hi all,
I wanted to let you know that my Song of the Month lesson for September, 2016 will be on Robert Wilkins' "Nashville Stonewall Blues", a rhythmically driving prison blues.  Here it is:

Robert Wilkins achieves a tremendous cumulative impact with his powerful signature lick.  Cost of the lesson, just for the month of September is $35.00.  For that you receive a TAB transcription sent as a .pdf file and thorough talk-throughs of the transcription, sent as .mp3 files.  Lesson purchasers from within the United States have the option of ordering a hard copy lesson for $42.00.  To place an order for the lesson, or to get more information, go to my website, www.johnmillerguitar , in the Teaching section, at: http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html , and it will tell you how to order the lesson.  Thanks for your time.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2016, 06:59:11 AM »
Hi all,
I just wanted to offer a brief reminder that the Song of the Month lesson at my website this month is Robert Wilkins' "Nashville Stonewall Blues", which you can listen to in the post immediately prior to this one.  For more information or to order the lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .  Thanks.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »
Hi all,
The Song of the Month lesson for October, 2016 at my website is Virgil Childers' "Dago Blues".  Here is Virgil Childers' performance of the song:

Virgil Childers gets into a lot of territory not examined by other players in the style in "Dago Blues", especially in his use of harmonized lines, which he utilized masterfully on the song.  Cost of the lesson, just for the month of October is $35.00.  For that you receive a TAB transcription sent as a .pdf file and thorough talk-throughs of the transcription, sent as .mp3 files.  Lesson purchasers from within the United States have the option of ordering a hard copy lesson for $42.00.  To place an order for the lesson, or to get more information, go to my website, www.johnmillerguitar , in the Teaching section, at: http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html , and it will tell you how to order the lesson.  Thanks for your time.

All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2016, 12:21:30 PM »
Hi all,
Just a mid-month reminder that the song of the Month lesson at my website for October, 2016 is Virgil Childers' "Dago Blues".  To hear the piece and find how to order it, go to the last previous post in this thread.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2016, 06:04:55 AM »
Hi all,
I wanted to let you know that the Song of the Month lesson for November at my website is on Clifford Gibson's "Tired of Being Mistreated, Part One".  Here is his performance of the song:

Clifford Gibson was one of the foremost stylists in Spanish tuning, and on "Tired of Being Mistreated, Part One" he really put the tuning through its paces, with syncopated bass-work, runs up and down the neck and a driving tempo.  Cost of the lesson, just for the month of November, is $35.00.  For that you receive a TAB transcription sent as a .pdf file and thorough talk-throughs of the transcription, sent as .mp3 files.  Lesson purchasers from within the United States have the option of ordering a hard copy lesson for $42.00.  To place an order for the lesson, or to get more information, go to my website, www.johnmillerguitar , in the Teaching section, at: http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html , and it will tell you how to order the lesson.  Thanks for your time.

All best,
Johnm 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:06:00 AM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2016, 06:47:38 AM »
Hi all,
This is just a brief reminder that the Song of the Month lesson at my website this month is Clifford Gibson's "Tired of Being Mistreated, Part One", in which I teach Clifford Gibson's intro, verse one and two accompaniments, both solos and the coda.  For more information or to order the lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .
All best,
Johnm 

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2016, 05:56:47 AM »
Hi all,
I wanted to let you know that the Song of the Month lesson at my website for December, 2016 is on Blind Lemon Jefferson's "Right of Way Blues".  You can listen to it here: 

"Right of Way Blues" is one of Lemon's eeriest numbers, with a haunting signature lick, and it is closer to a set piece than is most of his repertoire.  Just for the month of December, the lesson will be available for a special price of $35.00. 
I'm also offering a Holiday Sale on any lesson from the pre-transcribed list in the Teaching section at my website. From now until the end of 2016, any lesson on a song from that list can be purchased for $45.00 per lesson.  The normal price is $55.00 per lesson.  Here's a chance to stock up for the new year.  For more information or to order a lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .
All best,
John
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 06:40:37 AM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2016, 06:21:48 AM »
Hi all,
This is a mid-month reminder that the Song of the Month lesson for December is Lemon Jefferson's "Right of Way Blues", which you can listen to in the immediate previous post to this one in this thread.  Cost of the lesson during December is $35.00.  Also, all pre-transcribed lessons from the list at my website are on sale during December, for $45.00.  The normal price is $55.00.  Go to http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html  to browse the more than two hundred songs available and place your order if you're so inclined.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Song of the Month lesson: "Keep Your Windows Pinned"--Clifford Gibson
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2017, 09:14:32 AM »
Hi all,
I wanted to let you know that the Song of the Month lesson I will be offering for January in 2017 is Clifford Gibson's song, "Keep Your Windows Pinned".  It's a beautiful performance that he played in the mysterious EAEGBE tuning, which combines elements of cross-note tuning (open E minor) and E position in standard tuning.  Clifford Gibson was one of the most accomplished practitioners of that tuning, and the transcription gives you a real cross section of his approach, with the intro, three verses accompaniments, his solo and the coda all included in the lesson.  Here is Clifford Gibson's performance:

The lesson is available at the special Song of the Month rate of $35.00 for the month of January only.  For more information, or to order the lesson, go to  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html , and you'll receive guidance on how to order the lesson.  Thanks for your time.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:04:46 PM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Song of the Month lesson--"Keep Your Windows Pinned"--Clifford Gibson
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2017, 12:59:58 PM »
Hi all,
This is just a mid-month reminder that the Song of the Month lesson at my website is on Clifford Gibson's "Keep Your Windows Pinned", a beautiful piece in the EAEGBE tuning and a great way to get acquainted with Clifford Gibson's way of getting around in that tuning.  Lesson includes Clifford Gibson's intro verse one, two and three accompaniments, solo and coda.  Cost is $35.00 when ordered during the month of January 2017.  You can listen to the cut on the last previous post in this thread.  To order the lesson, go to:  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html .  Thanks.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Song of the Month Lesson--Mance Lipscomb's "Ain't You Sorry"
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2017, 06:39:36 AM »
Hi all,
I wanted to let you know that the Song of the Month lesson for February 2017 is on Mance Lipscomb's rocking 8-bar blues, "Ain't You Sorry?"  This is a tremendously funky number from Mance, with a lot of what Jelly Roll Morton called "the Spanish tinge"; it abounds in syncopated thumbwork, and with five passes through the form transcribed, you get a rich sampling of what Mance played on the song.  Here is Mance's performance of the song:

The lesson is available at the special Song of the Month rate of $35.00 for the month of February only.  For more information, or to order the lesson, go to  http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html , and you'll receive guidance on how to order the lesson.  Thanks for your time.

All best,
Johnm

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:56:29 AM by Johnm »

Tags: John Miller 2017 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal