collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Ten thousand river commissions, with the mines of the world at their back, cannot tame that lawless stream, cannot curb it or define it, cannot say to it 'Go here,' or Go there, and make it obey; cannot save a shore which it has sentenced; cannot bar its path with an obstruction which it will not tear down, dance over, and laugh at - Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Author Topic: Frank Stokes  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Chris

Frank Stokes
« on: August 14, 2009, 09:11:57 AM »
Like many people, I dont like having to buy a lot of CDs to get it all, so I try to be as efficient as possible. Sometimes this means I end up giving away my first purchase, but that's how it goes.

Frank Stokes.  If I buy DOCD 5012 and 5013, will I have it all?

Chris

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
Re: Frank Stokes
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 09:56:22 AM »
There are two songs, "I'm Going Away Blues" and "Old Sometime Blues" that aren't on those two Document disks.  You'd have to get Document's Too Late Too Late Volume 5 to get those.  But you can get those two along with the rest of Frank Stokes on JSPs Masters Of Memphis Blues" four CD set, along with the complete Little Buddy Doyle and the complete prewar recordings of Furry Lewis and Robert Wilkins.   

Offline Chris

Re: Frank Stokes
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »
Many thanks. I have just ordered it. Cheaper to buy that than two from Document - although i do like Document.

Tags: Frank Stokes 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal