collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I did more for you than you understand, you can tell by the bullet holes, mama, now here in my hand - Peetie Wheatstraw, Ice And Snow Blues

Author Topic: Weenieology CD-1!  (Read 2306 times)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Weenieology CD-1!
« on: April 07, 2005, 07:21:14 AM »
http://weeniecampbell.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=1
Weenie Juke Radio has a number of great sides from the 78 collection of Phil Hawkins.  Phil digitizes his 78's for his own use and has been kind enough to send us a number of these CD's for Weenie Juke.  He has now blown the dust off of some of his rarest sides and has created a CD just for us Weenies, which he has dubbed 'Weenieology'!  You'll want to queue these up on the Juke as some of these have probably never been broadcast to the public before!

Thanks for making these available Phil! I look forward to hearing this stuff on the Juke.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 07:22:19 AM by uncle bud »

Offline phhawk

• Howdy!
Re: Weenieology CD-1!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 01:29:05 PM »
Heck. It was nothing. Wait'll you hear my 10 hour Burl Ives extravaganza, "The Wayfaring Weenie".

Offline Alexei McDonald

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 03:49:14 PM »
Looks good to me, especially those Two Gospel Keys number.   I've been looking for some more of their recordings after I heard them on "Goodbye Babylon".   Does anyone out there have any more?

Offline phhawk

• Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 04:20:36 PM »
Hello Alexi, There is already one more side on Weenie Campbell, "You've Got Move". which was on Solo Records, which is a record that I have, the other side being,"I Don't Feel At Home..." and I also have the Apollo record, "I Don't Want To Go There, Pt's 1 & 2. I haven't transferred them to CD's yet, but maybe in the near future? I don't know if they made any other records.

Phil

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal