collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Author Topic: Calling all new National resophonic owners  (Read 4539 times)

Offline slimchancer

Re: Calling all new National resophonic owners
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 04:35:15 AM »

One of my friend is selling his KG11. He doesn't live in England, but in Northern France, (near Dunkerque). Send me a PM through this forum if you are interested.
He's trying to sell it on ebay again :
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320325212010

Yes I've seen that one, looks nice, but all details are in French - be usfull to get some more details on it.

PM ??

Offline slimchancer

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 04:37:49 AM »
p.s. Anyone in the UK with a KG11 for sale? - I sold one about 5 years ago, now I want it back ;-)

One just showed up on Elderly as well. It seems to need quite a bit of work, though.

http://elderly.com/search/elderly?terms=Kalamazoo+KG-11&x=7&y=10

Edited to add: Elderly ships to Europe, as far as I know.

Yes thanks for this, but elderly notified me when it came up, looks a bit sad though and I'm not really up for the restoration - my last one was very tidy, so trying to find something similar.

thanks for posting me though

Slim

Offline slimchancer

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 04:40:42 AM »
;)Check the humidity where you generally keep it,
 Both my Duolians have slight neck heal gaps when there
 in too much humidity,

Not much humidity in North London, at any time of the year!

Is the fret-board straight where it meets the body, or
 does it change angles where it meets the body?

seems to be!

Does the neck creek when you pick it up every time
 this is also common during the heating season,

Not at all!

thanks for the feedback though

Slim

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 07:49:32 AM »

One of my friend is selling his KG11. He doesn't live in England, but in Northern France, (near Dunkerque). Send me a PM through this forum if you are interested.

Yes I've seen that one, looks nice, but all details are in French - be usfull to get some more details on it.

PM ??

Blighty - PM = personal message. You can click on Nicolas' profile, and one of the options on the left-hand menu within the profile is "Send personal message", or something to that effect.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:50:45 AM by uncle bud »

Offline Nicolas Dussart

• Salut les mecs !
    • some concerts photos
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »

PM ??

It's 1935 kalamazoo KG11, Mahogany body and Adirondack top, ladder-braced, V-Neck, 14 frets to the body, original pickguard, original leather case. Very light guitar with strong mediums. This instrument is in very good condition, no crack, bone nut and saddle. Recent setup is fine.
Shipping is 30 Euros inside France, and around 100 Euros outside.
The guitar will be well packed and sent within 3 days. Paypal or certified check are fine.

I tried this guitar several times, it's indeed in excellent condition and setup rather for fingerpicking than slide, but you can play both way.

Anyway, you can contact Boris, the seller through his website, you'll find a "contact" page :
http://www.borisdujmovic.com/

slim blighty, I just got an email from Boris including his own description in English and his cell phone Number. Check your Personnal Message Box on this forum.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 03:11:07 PM by Nicolas Dussart »

Offline slimchancer

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 12:25:29 PM »
Sorry about the delay in concluding this thread, but had to maintain radio silence of late due to a busy schedule.
So, took El Trov down to Dave King?s, and all seems good with the neck. The blot on neck does seem to result in a small gap at the 12th/13th fret on most Nationals I?ve looked at. Apparently, this is slightly more exaggerated on the El Trovs due to the contour of the body.
The detailed feedback and advice that I have received from National Resophonic has been prompt and highly informative ? Most impressed I must say!
The guitar itself, wow, she?s really opened up of late and the tuning is amazing given the amount of retuning I do.
I'm not letting this one go, that?s for sure!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal