collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The piano may do for lovesick girls who lace themselves to skeletons, and lunch on chalk, pickles, and slate pencils. But give me the banjo... When you want genuine music - music that will come right home to you like a bad quarter, suffuse your system like strychnine whiskey . . . ramify your whole constitution like the measles, and break out on your hide like the pin-feather pimples on a picked goose - when you want all this, just smash your piano, and invoke the glory-beaming banjo! - Mark Twain, Early Tales and Sketches, Vol 2 (1864-65)

Author Topic: Radio Show  (Read 650 times)

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Radio Show
« on: November 18, 2011, 01:22:12 AM »
If all goes to plan I'll be guest hosting Dick Gaughan's Crossroads radio show on Back Diamond FM (107.8 in SE Scotland and online at www.blackdiamondfm.com) this coming Wednesday, 23 November, at 9pm GMT. Some blues may be played. I can promise some tracks that have never been played on the radio anywhere before, including two live recordings from a miners' benefit concert in 1984. The Little Bros may also feature...So, if you're at a loose end, listen live on your computer, and be sure to email me at studio@blackdiamondfm.com during the show!

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Re: Radio Show
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 02:39:57 AM »
I like the sound of that.  8)
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 05:47:00 AM »
Barring the last minute unexpected, Little Bros on the wireless tonight in Scotland at 9pm! Tune in at blackdiamondfm.com

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 06:07:07 AM »
I shall hope to catch the end of it, unless Bath City -v- Dagenham in the FA Cup goes into extra time...

Good luck!

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 07:05:13 AM »
I shall hope to catch the end of it, unless Bath City -v- Dagenham in the FA Cup goes into extra time...

Good luck!
Simon, shame on you. How could you put football ahead of the mighty Prof. Scratchy on the wireless??!! ::)
Barbecue Bob

Offline Norfolk Slim

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 07:55:03 AM »
Prior engagement, and I have comitted to write a piece for a friend's website- www.therealfacup.com   ;D 

If I'm honest I would really struggle if I ever had to choose between football and music....
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:58:12 AM by Norfolk Slim »

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 01:09:40 PM »
A last minute reminder that the show is up and running now

Cheers

Pan

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 02:02:23 PM »
Damn, just caught the last track, but it was a real good 'un...

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 01:23:05 AM »
I heard the whole thing and the DJ dedicated a track to me on air. Does this make me a star ??? Nice to hear fellow Weenies The Little Brothers sockin' it to 'em in Scotland (and around the world via the internet).
Barbecue Bob

Offline Norfolk Slim

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 04:55:42 AM »
On a separate but related note...

It seems that some of my music will be on a small community radio station tonight.   :o

I did some recording as a bit of fun / experiment a couple of months back, with a guy who teaches music technology at a local school, and runs a modestly priced recording studio from the same facilities at the weekends.  The same fellow does a weekly show on Somer Valley FM featuring an eclectic mix of world music and asked if I'd mind if he used a couple of the tracks he recorded.  I've just had a message from him saying he recorded the show yesterday, and its going out tonight (and repeated next week.

http://www.somervalleyfm.co.uk/ 

The show is "Dan Harper's World Vision" and he says its at 10pm, but the schedule suggests 11...  Available online too for anyone outside of the Somer Valley area with insomnia!

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 06:47:39 AM »
Wasn't able to listen but am sure it was even better than football.  ;D

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 07:14:30 AM »
Nice to hear fellow Weenies The Little Brothers sockin' it to 'em in Scotland (and around the world via the internet).
I'll second that!

Congrats Slim!

Cheers

Pan

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal