collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Nobody in the world can do that because there is only one Tampa Red and when he's dead, that's all brother - Big Bill Broonzy, on a Chicago hoaxer

Author Topic: Cool story about a great grandfather's encounter with Henry Thomas' music  (Read 655 times)

Offline JohnLeePimp

Hey guys long time,

I thought this would be of interest to people. Tangentially Mack McCormick claimed to have a lot of findings to share about Henry Thomas, has any of it come to light as of yet or no?
...so blue I shade a part of this town.

Offline TenBrook

• darkhollar.tumblr.com
That is a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Wow!

Offline Thomas8

• oooh well well.
Amazing!

Offline jostber

Wonderful to get this history so many years after, thank you for posting. Gareth's comment is in the section of this Youtube link ("Going Up The Country" - Henry Thomas:

His comment is the second from the top and below there are 352 replies where some are updates from Gareth so this is very interesting.

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
Tangentially Mack McCormick claimed to have a lot of findings to share about Henry Thomas, has any of it come to light as of yet or no?

This book came out three years ago but I don't know if it contains new information on Henry Thomas.

The Blues Come to Texas: Paul Oliver and Mack McCormick's Unfinished Book

https://www.amazon.com/Blues-Come-Texas-McCormicks-Unfinished-ebook/dp/B07P8C8QKN/ref=sr_1_1?crid=PP4Q4PSWNE9S&keywords=texas+blues+mack+mccormick&qid=1659474649&sprefix=texas+blues+mack+mcocomick%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-1

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Tangentially Mack McCormick claimed to have a lot of findings to share about Henry Thomas, has any of it come to light as of yet or no?

I have a scan of Mack's notes to the Herwin LP. The PDF file is too large (1.98 MB) to post here, but if you don't have them, send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send them as an attachment.

Offline frailer24

• Good Mornin', Judge

I have a scan of Mack's notes to the Herwin LP. The PDF file is too large (1.98 MB) to post here, but if you don't have them, send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send them as an attachment.

Would it be possible for me to get a copy of the notes as well? Thanks in advance,
Larry
That's all she wrote Mabel!

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Hi Larry:

Send me a Personal Message (PM) through Weenie Campbell with your e-mail address. I'll send you a scan as an attachment to a message sent to your e-mail address.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 08:50:12 AM by Stuart »

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal