collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
If you don't give me my hat I will blow your brains out - Stack Lee Shelton told Billy Lyons, eyewitness George McFaro's account in Stagolee Shot Billy, Cecil Brown

Author Topic: Another new Fraulini Angelina  (Read 6876 times)

Offline Nicolas Dussart

• Salut les mecs !
    • some concerts photos
Re: Another new Fraulini Angelina
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 06:59:30 AM »
Congratulations, this guitar looks wonderful, and as far as I know they sounds equally wonderful.
I bought second hand a 12-string Jumbo Stella copy (like Fraulini's Francesca) a few months ago, an unhoped lucky find here in France, and I enjoy a lot this guitar.

Now my main problem is to find the strings. In the shops here, gauges like .064, .066 or .070 are inexistent, and single strings are very (very !) expensive (a custom set will cost around 30-35 Euros  :o). I know that Dell Arte and La Bella have strings set for these guitars, but with a double octave on the 6th course, that I don't like very much.
So I've ordered a custom set from FQMS.COM who offers a large choice of singles strings (D'Addario).
I didn't find another store which offers such a choice, except juststrings.com , but international shipping cost is $35 for any size order.
So my question is mainly for those who live in Europe : where do you buy your strings for these guitars ?

Please note that English isn't my mother tongue, so my apologies for the mistakes.

Thanks,
Nicolas

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 02:37:49 PM »
I always use Newtones and know they are happy to knock up the odd mix and match set, might be worth an email if you know what you want.
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 02:18:02 AM »
I have asked Todd Cambio the same question about strings and he mentioned  La Bella. I have used Newtone's .013 12-string set, but they don't have the .066 bottom string which helps when tuning down to B.

Offline Cambio

• Howdy!
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 05:12:57 AM »
I'm in the process of putting a string set together with LaBella which would be the same strings that I put on my new guitars:
course 1: .013/.013
course 2: .017/.017
course 3: .026/.026
course 4: .017/.038
course 5: .022/.048
course 6: .026/.066
I will hopefully have some of these sets in a couple of weeks and I'd like to make them available at a reasonable price.  Send me an email if you're interested.  My contact info is at my website, www.fraulini.com.
Todd

guitardan102938

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »
How about Diddy wah Diddy.. I find this fun to play on a 12 string....

Take care, Dan

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 08:59:25 AM »
Just played natterjack's Fraulini at Weenieguernsey - what a fine guitar! Next year, Phil, you must bring yours for a show-and-tell!

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 09:29:48 AM »
Well, I suppose Todd could set out his stall at the next one... and it looks as though there will another one does it not  ::) 
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 06:46:22 AM »
Just a note to say that I had the pleasure of meeting and briefly jamming with Todd Cambio last weekend in Brighton,UK.

He made a minor adjustment to the Angelina and had with him a large bodied 12 destined for a famous UK musician which sounded great.

Having had my guitar for a few weeks now I can only endorse the quality of its workmanship and the great sound which Todd achieves.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 10:46:46 AM »
Hi all,
I had occasion last week-end when I was in the U.K. to see Phil's Fraulini Angelina, and just wanted to report what a spectacular job Todd did in its construction.  It is beautiful both in appearance and sound.  I have played some wonderful old Stella 12-strings, including John C.'s and one Nick Perls owned, and this brand new guitar is in a class with the best that I have seen.  For a brand new 12-string guitar, it is unrivaled in my experience--I've never seen one that came close to it.  It plays very easily, too, though there was not a whole lot I could do, playing right-handed and upside down (Phil is a lefty).
It was great to see Phil and other friends from the EBA, and the one-day version of the Stamford Guitar Festival was great fun, too.  It was nice to see and hear Nick Katzman after many years, as well as his playing partner, Thomasina Winslow, who sings and plays really well.  Australian Jeff Lang closed the evening concert with a set of his original material, played with an interesting personal approach.
All best,
Johnm

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 01:12:49 PM »
John,

Glad you liked the guitar it's been getting better by the day.

Nice to see you and other old friends at Stamford. What a great set at the evening concert!

Phil

Offline BlindSockeyeSalmon

• Sugar in the Gourd: Old-Time, All the Time
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 07:02:54 PM »
Speaking of Todd's beautiful guitars, someone over at UMGF is selling a nice 6-string, at a very nice price:

http://p082.ezboard.com/ftheunofficialmartinguitarforumfrm3.showMessage?topicID=12528.topic

John (no connection to the seller)
http://sugarinthegourd.com
Old-Time, All the Time

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal