collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I want to let you know that some snakes have been seen in the Roundyard neighborhood. The grass has grown up around the sidewalk and the snakes has been seen, looking for water - Early Wright, obituary to the DJ, WROX Clarksdale

Author Topic: Blues everywhere I go  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Blues everywhere I go
« on: August 15, 2010, 11:29:13 AM »
Fushed with success (as the plumber said) from my gala EBA performance, I have done a generic take on this CBW tune which dj and I got to the bottom of earlier.
Our hard work a has paid off in that I can more or less ad lib in a generic CBW style (hows that for grammar!) whilst the key is bit high for singing, it suits the guitar part.

Note the holes in the shirt, it's 'cause I spent all the money on that luvly guitar  :P

« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 11:30:28 AM by Richard »
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline ericm

Re: Blues everywhere I go
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 01:27:05 PM »
Note the holes in the shirt, it's 'cause I spent all the money on that luvly guitar 

I can also see holes in the guitar !!!  ;)
JOURNALIST: I guess your long hair makes you a girl.
Frank ZAPPA: I guess your wooden leg makes you a table.

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 01:12:21 AM »
Nice job.

What immediately stands out to me Richard, is the pulse.

I think you've said previously how difficult it is to play this sort of stuff without a backup guitar, but you've really managed to get enough rhythm between the licks to hold it together tightly here.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:25:59 AM by Norfolk Slim »

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 04:44:07 AM »
Nice. Guitar is nailed and the vocal is in tune.

His stuff in C is so hard to sing. How does it come out in Bb? Alternatively, go to D tuning and play around to find a nice singing key, the guitar part is not everything.

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 05:06:08 AM »
Richard, you have developed a guitar style that is recognizably and uniquely yours, but also recognizably based on the playing of Casey Bill Weldon.  That's really good.

You need a shirt with palm trees to go with the palm trees on your guitar!   ;D 

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 01:16:28 PM »
Thanks all, I'm not out to garner accolades and really welcome constructive crits. One of the aims in posting here is to make me move on and hopefully improve.

dj, an interesting comment about developing a style for instrument, it is as you now know not the easiest to go solo on, I suppose subconsciously the rhythm side comes more from the early Oscar Woods which seemd to be a sort of finger picky rhythm and certainly our work on CB had provided the fills. Not wishing to blow my own trumpet (if only) but I was able to do that post in one take off the cuff, something which really pleased me.
(That's enough of that. Ed)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal