collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I learned when I was fifteen that a show, a live show, has to have an opening, a middle, and an ending. If you know that, your shows will sound like the highlights of an average show all the way through - Miles Davis

Author Topic: Euroweenie 2012  (Read 14433 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Re: Euroweenie 2012
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2012, 05:55:31 AM »
And there's that rare bird of the reso-uke, but I expect PP has one of those as well.

Also I hear you have very nice sq neck style O ?
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Marshcat

• Aloha!
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2012, 06:54:43 AM »
Prof.: No Aragon, alas, and a polychrome woodbody is in the pipeline but unlikely to arrive by Friday... :(

Richard: I'd hate to be responsible for your tears of regret if I bring along your old square neck style 0  >:D

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2012, 07:55:06 AM »
Prof.: No Aragon, alas, and a polychrome woodbody is in the pipeline but unlikely to arrive by Friday../quote]

Marshcat! Note to self: must try harder!

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2012, 01:00:49 PM »
PP I feel that sans kiddywinkies and sans Mrs's is the only way to go for such events as these.

Think you get none of the "I'm bored " or "when does it end" or "I'm going to bed (and make you feel guilty)" or "How much have you drunk?" or "Do you really like this awful music..."

:)
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2012, 02:41:36 AM »
In line with my guitars, I only own a wooden-bodied ukulele. But if somebody wants to donate a resophonic model....

(By the way, established on Facebook that Diamond Dac has gigs and therefore can't make it this year, which is a shame.)
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline colm kill paul

« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2012, 02:38:02 AM »
Yippee!, colm kill Paul and rosie magrosie have hopped a freight car on the Southampton bound train. Guitar slung over shoulder we,ll be in Euroweenie land tonight. (who knew these freight cars had wi fi  ;D)

Offline Mike Shipman

• Howdy!
« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2012, 05:41:22 AM »
My mate Pete and I will be transporting Alan (Bunker Hill) Balfour tomorrow arriving at Milford around 11.30 NFST (New Forest Summer Time). Alas I cannot pop over this evening as my wife is out so Im childminding.
Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully the sun will stay shining, its glorious here at the moment!
Cheers, Mike
Mike Shipman
New Forest - Hampshire, UK.

Offline colm kill paul

« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2012, 06:00:23 AM »
Glorious...sounds like we are heading the right direction...currently in a wet and cold Dublin city....but we are still truckin ;D

Offline Mike Shipman

• Howdy!
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2012, 07:45:45 AM »
Thanks to all you good Weenie folk for letting us join in the musical shenanigans yesterday - very much enjoyed the workshops (Prof Scratchy and Blueshome) and seeing my old mate Bunker Hill after too many years. A very friendly and welcoming bunch of bluesy people you most certainly are.
I endeavour to smarten up my image having been inspired by Colm, but as Cotton Traders 3xl range tend not to include such smart togs, think I'll stick to my plain black tee shirts.
Loads and loads of musical talent there to be seen in sunny Milford on Sea, I dont think Ive ever been somethwere where finger picks and thumb picks were pretty much universally used.
Richard - Ive got the entry form for "Britains Got talent" for us as I think I heard Simon Cowell was looking for a lap steel duo... or was that a lap dancing duo...?
Having not been aware of Weenie Campbell until a couple of weeks ago, it will certainly be one of my regularly vsited sites, masses of great info.
Looking forward to the next Euroweenie event!
Cheers, Mike.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:13:06 AM by Mike Shipman »
Mike Shipman
New Forest - Hampshire, UK.

Offline bob long

• Bob Long
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2012, 08:29:55 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it Mike!

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2012, 09:08:02 AM »
Another one over.

Thanks to all who came along to make it such a great weekend.

Special awards were made (courtesy of Colm And Rose) to Simon for  getting the Weenie's Blues cd together, to Richard for yet again getting the show on the road.

The "substantial prize" of the Euroweenie brick was awarded to Colm for sartorial elegance and furthest distance travelled.

Full reports will follow from our designated reporters.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2012, 10:59:40 AM »
I've recently arrived home from a bookfair (what else?)

Really enjoyed my Euroweenie Day.

Amazingly talented bunch of people, which is more than can be said for myself who, even as a kid, couldn't get a tune using a comb and paper, let alone a kazoo.  :o

Thanks to one and all. Maybe, if I start saving now, next year I might do the entire Friday to Sunday.

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2012, 01:43:25 PM »
Thanks for your company Alan.

BTW, best comment of the weekend was from Rose (Mrs.Colm) to the room in general in a surprised Irish brogue, "Youse can really play then!"

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2012, 02:48:10 AM »
As per usual it all went too quickly.  As per usual a great bunch of people.

If Slack can please create a Euroweenie 2012 Photogallery, Marshcat and I will gradually get around to posting some pics of the weekend - and maybe some other people as well (Rose aka Mrs. Colm was snapping away, as were one or two others).
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2012, 02:57:12 AM »
Did we ever agree who was doing a write up?!!!

I'd love to volunteer but its year end, and I have one too many clients likely to call me irately this week wondering what has become of various tasks....

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal