collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Yeah, [Willie Brown] could make up verses pretty good. Yeah, 'cause he'd start on one thing he'd let near about every word be pertaining to what he pronounced what he was going to play about. That's the difference in him and Charley [Patton]... Charley, he could start singing of the shoe there and wind up singing about that banana - Son House, interview with Stefan Grossman

Author Topic: Kind Babe Blues by Stumpy Johnson (my first piano song)  (Read 617 times)

Offline Old-Time Igor

• Howdy!
Kind Babe Blues by Stumpy Johnson (my first piano song)
« on: September 10, 2021, 05:23:26 PM »
Hello everyone!
I've been playing some piano lately. My friend kindly borrowed one of his digital piano to me a few months ago. I've been trying to learn to read music and some basic music theory from the book: Piano ABC. It's a book for the children (and adults like me!) :)
I've been also trying to learn some piano blues. I've been learning one song by Walter Davis and one by James "Stumpy" Johnson. I don't now if there's many (any?)piano players on the forum, but i'll share my take on Stumpy Johnson anyway. Many mistakes and many "wrong" notes but what the... I love my piano! ( my borrowed piano) :)
Comments are welcome! :)

Cheers from Helsinki, Finland

Igor

Offline obrigadotony

• Howdy!
Re: Kind Babe Blues by Stumpy Johnson (my first piano song)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 04:18:15 AM »
That was great!  Thanks for this - love the way the left hand drives the song.

Tags: piano 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal