collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Hot dog! People, you know, a gentleman asked me last night what I was doing. I said, 'Well, sir, on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I don't do anything'. He says, 'Well, what do you do on Thursday, Friday and Saturday?' I says, 'Why, I rest'. He says, 'You do anything on Sunday?' 'Oh, yes sir, that's my busiest day'. He says, 'What are you doing on Sunday?' I says, 'Getting ready to do nothing on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday'. Ha-hah! - Uncle Dave Macon, Wouldn't Give Me Sugar in My Coffee

Author Topic: Dekalb Blues - Leadbelly  (Read 1544 times)

bayrum78

Dekalb Blues - Leadbelly
« on: October 20, 2012, 07:32:59 PM »
Been listening to this song a lot and thought I'd try my hand at it. It's a cool song with a great groove and not too hard to play once you get into it. It's in standard tuning but tuned down a bit. Playing out of E but he omits the B7 chord and instead plays notes up the neck that follow his vocal melody, I think he uses double stops extensively in this song to fatten up the melody. I have taken minor artistic liberties with the the song but mostly cleave to the original.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:47:05 PM by bayrum78 »

Offline frailer24

• Good Mornin', Judge
Re: Dekalb Blues - Leadbelly
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 12:25:49 AM »
Nice work there! Now all you need is a 12-string, and, poof! Instant Leadbelly magic!  8)
That's all she wrote Mabel!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal