collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I said to the station man, "Where's my train?" He said "I never knowed you owned a train". I said "You better answer or I'll smack you down". He said "All trains goin' to Memphis Town" - Memphis Town, Leroy Carr, 1930

Author Topic: Phil Wiggins awarded NEA National Heritage Fellowship!  (Read 684 times)

Offline Suzy T

• Howdy!
Phil Wiggins awarded NEA National Heritage Fellowship!
« on: June 21, 2017, 02:04:15 PM »
I was thrilled to learn this morning that Phil Wiggins has been awarded the NEA's highest honor for a folk artist, the National Heritage Award, which comes with a $25,000 check!!!  Congratulations to Phil!!  Well deserved!  Many great traditional musicians got the award this year including Ella Jenkins, Cyril Pahinui, Thomas Maupin, Dwight Lamb, and Eva Ybarra. Read about it here: https://www.arts.gov/news/2017/master-folk-and-traditional-artists-receive-top-honor

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Phil Wiggins awarded NEA National Heritage Fellowship!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 05:47:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing that news, Suzy.  It couldn't happen to a nicer guy or more deserving musician.  It's great to see Phil getting that kind of recognition and the money makes it all the more real and sincere.  Way to go, Phil!
All best,
Johnm

Offline oddenda

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 07:54:50 PM »
Cephas would be proud! I also feel OLD, since I have always regarded Phil as one of the young 'uns!

pbl

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 07:47:57 AM »
Great News.

Alex

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal