collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I want to let you know that some snakes have been seen in the Roundyard neighborhood. The grass has grown up around the sidewalk and the snakes has been seen, looking for water - Early Wright, obituary to the DJ, WROX Clarksdale

Author Topic: Blue Uke taught by Del Rey  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Janmarie

• www.janmarieartworks.com
Blue Uke taught by Del Rey
« on: November 15, 2007, 02:32:09 PM »
I just had a chance to watch Del Rey's new DVD, 'Blue Uke - Blues, Rags and Jazzy Dance Tunes' on Homespun all the way through and I very highly recommend it.  Del is a fabulous instructor so I had no doubt that this DVD would be just as fantastic and it is.  Not only has she chosen songs to teach that pique my interest ('Goin' Up the Country', 'Run and Tell Your Daddy , Lord', 'Keep It Clean', 'The Dance Hall Shuffle' and 'Brown's Blues') but the songs are presented in a manner that any level player will learn from.  Included are tons of blues and uke bits thrown out that make Del an exceptional instructor.  Also included with this DVD are tab and lyrics for the songs.  At the end of the DVD, Del and Steve James run through the songs.  And the final song (not taught on the DVD) will knock your socks off.

I'm looking forward to taking a leap on uke and I think this DVD is just the ticket.

You can get your own copy here: http://www.hobemianrecords.com/delreydiscs.html

Enjoy!
Janmarie

Tags: Del Rey 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal