collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
This is the trouble blues, that Lightnin' Hopkins is havin' at the present, which I hope it don't last all week - Lightnin' Hopkins, intro to Trouble Blues

Author Topic: Forum Usage: Tags  (Read 38564 times)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Forum Usage: Tags
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2013, 04:54:31 PM »
Amen John, thanks for pointing that out. Tagging on wc.com is not like other places.

A lot of folks need to read the start of this thread. Usually it's new members, or members who don't visit that often and fly in to post occasionally.

Tags like 'guitar', 'fingerpicking', 'blues', 'awesome', 'country blues', and other equally redundant or quirky items routinely get blown away when one of the tag mods spots them. It's tedious, we're tryin' to build a useful index here.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »
After looking for something in Spanish to tackle and not finding the thread immediately I tagged all the 'Adventures in ...' tuning threads to group them together. Tag is 'Adventures in ...', click this to see them: http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?option=com_smf&action=tags;tagid=3613

If I missed some please tag them. There's a space before the three dots in 'Adventures in ...'
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:27:59 PM by Rivers »

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2016, 04:30:48 PM »
After looking for something in Spanish to tackle and not finding the thread immediately I tagged all the 'Adventures in ...' tuning threads to group them together. Tag is 'Adventures in ...', click this to see them: http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?option=com_smf&action=tags;tagid=3613

If I missed some please tag them. There's a space before the three dots in 'Adventures in ...'

Wonderful! Thank you, Rivers!

Since the search function doesn't approve single letters, I've been frustrated many times, trying to find "blues in F", for example!  :)

Cheers

Pan

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2016, 07:46:36 AM »
Glad that was useful... in the same vein I added the (already existing) SOTM tag to all the untagged SOTM threads, take a look at the impressive body of work accumulating there: http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?option=com_smf&action=tags;tagid=3488

I included your Hesitation/Hesitating Blues thread Pan since, as Johnm noted, you kind of anticipated the SOTM idea, and frankie put a name to it and got it rolling.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:58:53 AM by Rivers »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2016, 09:07:50 AM »
Hi all,
Please do not add hash tags to the tags you add to topics.  When you do that, the tag will sort by hash tag rather than topic, which defeats the purpose of tagging.  Thanks.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2016, 04:52:49 PM »
Hash tags on weenie! Hilarious! Offenders, report for deprogramming immediately.  :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 05:01:19 PM by Rivers »

Offline One-Eyed Ross

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2016, 09:39:40 PM »
Speaking of hash tags.  I was talking with my son's violin teacher one time about a guy who wanted to know what key a piece was in when it had three hash tags.  Not sure he was joking or not.
SSG, USA, Ret

She looked like a horse eating an apple through a wire fence.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2016, 10:53:10 PM »
I suppose that # has probably gone from primarily being used or thought of as a number and/or pound sign ("press the pound sign") to a hashtag based on frequency of use. The sharp sign ♯ is visually distinct, but similar enough that given the (social) media saturation, it was only a matter of time. ♭♭♭

Tags: tags 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal