collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The music industry is not all Grammy smiles and glitter; its closet is a veritable graveyard of skeletons, and when record companies point their collective finger at dot.coms like Napster and yell "Foul!" a hollow ring is heard by the thousands of artists who for decades have been unscrupulously short-changed by some of these very same finger-pointers - Chris Albertson, author's note in Bessie, 2nd ed.

Author Topic: New Flammang L model  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Blue Poodle

• Kill it, Kid.
New Flammang L model
« on: February 17, 2008, 11:44:01 AM »
I had been looking around for a Gibson L-00 for a while, and couldn't find one that I was willing to pull the trigger on.  Then I exchanged emails with Howard Emerson, who recommended that I speak with David Flammang.  And now I have the result....koa b/s, adirondack spruce top, Nick Lucas style MOP inlays, BRW fretboard and bridge.  It's very light, though not quite as light as the originals.  Playability, fit and finish are excellent.  The sound is great, very responsive, good volume, bluesy.  I haven't compared it to an original in an A/B setting yet, but it is a nice counterpoint to the Martin and Oscar Schmidt style guitars that have made up my collection over the years. 

The photos speak for themselves regarding the looks (please pardon the reflections):

All the world loves a lover, but a lover doesn't always love love.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: New Flammang L model
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 11:58:42 AM »
Good idea using koa, bet the bass is smooth and solid. Great looking guitar.

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 02:34:07 PM »
YUM!
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline rjtwangs

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:32:14 AM »
Sure is a very beautiful guitar...

RJ

Tags: Flammang guitar 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal