collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
As far as singing goes, I wanted to do something new and have a style that wasn't too common. I was inspired by the records of Jimmie Rodgers, a white singer of that time. He was called the 'yodeling singer' because he would sing some parts in a head voice, like the Swiss yodelers. I took that idea and adapted it to my own abilities. I couln't do no yodelin' so I turned to howlin'. And it's done me just fine - Howlin' Wolf

Author Topic: A Changing of the Guard  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
A Changing of the Guard
« on: January 19, 2024, 03:09:03 PM »
Greetings Weenies,

This past year, the old guard, which these days consists of Myself, John Miller(Johnm) and Mark Herman(Rivers), have been working to transition site management and ownership to the next generation of Weenies.  The site has become an important country blues resource in large part because of all the contributions made by you over the past 20 years. We thought it important to try and preserve this resource for as long as possible and so we have transitioned site ownership and management to Chris Berry(banjochris) and Franz van Veen (Blues Vintage) who are long time members and contributors to the site.  Chris Berry is our new Top Dog.

The old guard is not going anywhere, we plan to continue to hang out, contribute and help manage the site for the foreseeable future, but thought it important to let you know about the change.

Yours in Country Blues,
Slack

Offline David Kaatz

Re: A Changing of the Guard
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 07:13:00 PM »
Thank you for all you do, Slack, John, and Mark. Thanks for all you've done.
To Chris and Franz, thanks for preparing to pick up the reins.

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 07:18:19 PM »
Big thanks to Slack, Johnm and Rivers for midwifing Weenie and raising him to adolescence.

Helluva resource for lovers of the country blues.

The Admins are defunct! Long live the Admins!

Lindy

Offline Doug

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 10:32:52 PM »
I echo the others in expressing my thanks for Slack, Johnm, Rivers (and the others along the way) who have made Weenie what it is.  I don't often post, but I love having the site to come to and learn.

Passing the baton on to the next generation early is an example of the type of wise leadership you three have shown over the last twenty years!  Thanks for all you've done... and for what you'll no doubt continue to do.  :)

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 03:23:40 AM »
Many thanks to the two Johns and Mark. It is impossible to quantify how much you have done. Thanks to Chris and Franz for taking over and good luck with your future endeavours. Long live Weenie Campbell!
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline eric

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 06:50:22 AM »
Thanks to all of you!
--
Eric

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2024, 08:06:40 AM »
Thanks for all the pleasure and new friends you have brought.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024, 09:28:42 AM »
A major thank you to John D, John M and Mark for getting the site up and running and for keeping it going over the years. And of course thanks the others who have contributed behind the scenes as well. Much gratitude is owed to Chris and Franz for stepping in to take over the reins. All of your efforts are greatly appreciated,

Online Forgetful Jones

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2024, 04:34:08 PM »
Thank you to all who have made this site so incredible.

Cheers!

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2024, 04:27:37 PM »
My hat off for both the old and new guard!

Cheers,

Pan

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2024, 06:38:43 AM »
Heartfelt thanks to Slack, Johnm and Rivers for all their hard work over the years. And thanks to all contributors who keep the ball rolling. Finally a big ‘miss you’ to all the ‘gone-but-not-forgotten’ erstwhile regulars like frankie, uncle bud, A2tom, Waxwing and many more!

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2024, 01:26:50 PM »
Thanks everyone – and thanks to Franz for doing the vast majority of the heavy lifting on the new YouTube channel!
Chris

Offline unezrider

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2024, 10:25:14 AM »
Hello friend,
I'll jump on the appreciation train, too. I haven't contributed as much over the last several years, but I do frequently visit, & whole heartedly appreciate what an amazing resource this site is. Sometimes it's easy to take something that has been around for us for so long for granted, so I'm incredibly grateful for Chris & Franz for keeping this up & alive. & a giant thank you for Slack, Rivers & John for making this site what it is.
My best,
Chris
"Be good, & you will be lonesome." -Mark Twain

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2024, 05:17:00 PM »
Thanks everybody for your kind words for the old guard! I'm totally rapt that we all somehow, in the dark, made it to the bridge and crossed it.
I'll be sticking around and ready to help where- and whenever I can. Appreciate you all so much.

Offline Suzy T

• Howdy!
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2024, 06:44:08 PM »
Echoing the thanks to the old guard, perfect choices for the new!  the king is dead, long live the king!!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal