Country Blues > Discographies

Willie Brown Sessionography

<< < (3/3)

btasoundsradio:
In Frog Blues and Jazz Annual no. 1, Willie Brown's Grandma Blues is listed as having the matrix no. of
L-415-2 with a remark of "Mother Made, Metal Buckled" in "The Revival of Paramount in 1935" article by Alex Van Der Tuuk. Future Blues is listed as (Can't Tell The) Future Blues. No listings for Sorry Blues, Window Blues or Kicking In My Sleep Blues.
I will say again, the accompanying riff on Kid Bailey's "Rowdy Blues" is audibly Willie Brown, you can hear the M&O Blues/Pony Blues riff with the same nuances and I've always thought Bailey's voice to sound like a younger protege of Brown.

btasoundsradio:
Also the Frog No. 4 comp features the best remaster of Willie's "Make Me A Pallet on the Floor" that I've heard. For several years now I have been assembling digital discographical compilations of all the country blues I can find in chronological order based on best remasters. I recently added this version to the Willie Brown file which includes LOC's yet unreleased remaster of "Uncle Sam Done Called" with the false start which is CRYSTAL clear. I have the Lomax archives older master of "Gone To Fishin'" as well as the entire Lake Cormorant sessions with Son and Willie. The American Epic remaster of "M and O Blues" is directly from the metal mother and sounds super clear but a little quiet, but I deem it the best I've found. Tefteller's Blues Calender remaster of (Can't Tell The) Future Blues is powerful and clear. The Paramount sides of Willie backing Patton, Louise Johnson sides, and the "Walking Blues" test are mostly taken from the JSP complete cd's which are time tested one of the top remasters, but a few are Yazoo which is the other superior sound. Kid Bailey sides were from Yazoo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version