collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Now if you evuh wanna call up de Devil, don't furgit dat he gonna test you out good an' dat he ain't gonna show up de first Sunday you goes out to de forks of de road an' calls 'im; he ain't gonna show up no sooner'n de third time you calls 'im an' maybe not den - from Jim Finn on Calling Up the Devil in J. Mason Brewer's American Negro Folklore

Author Topic: Worshops and Private Lessons with Steve James at Lake Atitlan, Guatemala  (Read 826 times)

Offline Carlos Funk

• Blind Lemon's
Blind Lemon's will host what we hope to be an annual event.  Steve's workshops and private lessons here.  Steve will be available from the 7th of March through the 10th.  Much more information is available at my Atitlan Blue Blog.

We had a blast hear last year and expect the same this year.  I met Steve and studied with him first in 1994 and consider him to be the guy that kicked started me into the country blues.  The workshops and lessons will be very flexible and accommodating.....here's Steve's descriptions.

WORKSHOPS  (2 hrs.  $25 per participant.  Basic to intermediate level instruction)
Blues/Roots Fingerstyle Guitar?tunes and techniques for the guitarist who likes country blues and bluesy country.
Bottleneck Slide Guitar?basic chord shapes and hot licks in open tunings, along with demonstrations of the ?touch? that makes slide guitar sound so good.
Blues Mandolin?.runs, chords and repertoire for the mandolinist who would like a bluesier sound.
Individual private lessons on the above themes also available. (1 hr. $25) March 5th through 12th.  Sponsored by Blind Lemon?s, San Marcos LL.
STEVE JAMES, based in Austin, Texas, has an international reputation as a performer, recording artist, writer and teacher with decades of experience presenting original and classic acoustic roots music.  For more info:  Contact Carlos Funk at carlosfunk@blindlemons.com or call (502)55024450
"Well this new way of lovin',
Lord it must be the best,
Cause these Guatemalan women,
Ainīt givin' Carlos no rest"

http://www.youtube.com/user/carlosfunk49
http://blindlemons.com

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Worshops and Private Lessons with Steve James at Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
Hey Carlos,

We want him back when you're done with him! Have fun, wish I had the dough to fly down there, that would be really cool.

Mark, Austin.

Offline Mike Brosnan

Re: Worshops and Private Lessons with Steve James at Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:45:27 PM »
This is such a great deal!  $25 for an hour with Steve James?!  Next to a beautiful Guatemalan Lake with 3 volcanoes looking down on it?!  No way I can swing it this time, but I hope something like this is goin' on the next time I'm able to make it down there.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal