collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I know my doggie when I hear him bark. I can tell my rider if I feel her in the dark - Charley Patton, Banty Rooster Blues

Author Topic: Recorded Performances Not Available on youtube as of 7/24/22  (Read 444 times)

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Hi all,
Since getting DG&R I've been noticing occasional recorded performances by major blues artists that are not up on youtube. Here are a few examples:
   * Big Bill Broonzy--"Station Blues", that he recorded for Paramount in 1931
   * Scrapper Blackwell--"Morning Mail Blues", "Blues that Make Me Cry", both recorded for Vocalion in 1934; "No Good Woman Blues" recorded for Champion in 1935; "Motherless Boy Blues", Wayback Blues" and "Texas Stomp", recorded for Champion and Decca in 1935
   * Bo Carter--"Skin Ball Blues" from 1935
Can you think of other tracks you'd like to be able to hear that are not up on youtube?
All best,
Johnm

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
Re: Recorded Performances Not Available on youtube as of 7/24/22
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 03:55:00 PM »
Those Blackwell and Carter songs are up on YouTube but not available in the U.S.
Though recorded after 1943, Mance Lipscomb's "Blues in G" is not available in the U.S. (Texas Songster Vol. 1).

Offline btasoundsradio

• the artist formerly known as powerlinehorizon
    • BTA Sounds Radio: Podcast of Obscure Musics
Re: Recorded Performances Not Available on youtube as of 7/24/22
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 04:09:47 AM »
Lane Hardin's "Cartey Blues" - A dimestore recording from the early 50's found by John Tefteller and remastered for one of his Blues Images calendar series. Sounds like key of D, capoed 2nd fret, C chord position., slow waltz (with upright bass accompaniment) Not on youtube
Charlie is the Father, Son is the Son, Willie is the Holy Ghost

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal