collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Life have gotten miserable, seem like no more happiness to be made - Little Buddy Doyle, Hard Scufflin' Blues

Author Topic: Richard "Rabbit" Brown song in podcast on Bobby Dunbar  (Read 1158 times)

Offline TenBrook

• darkhollar.tumblr.com
Richard "Rabbit" Brown song in podcast on Bobby Dunbar
« on: January 29, 2018, 07:58:21 AM »
Hi all,
I was listening to the latest episode of This American Life (Edit: The latest episode posted to Stitcher, my go to podcast app, but actually an episode from 2008.) this morning and was surprised to hear the episode open with the familiar voice and guitar playing of Richard "Rabbit" Brown doing 'The Mystery of the Dunbar's Child.' It quickly became clear that the episode was dedicated to the story of Bobby Dunbar's disappearance and discovery and a descendant's quest to uncover what actually occurred. There is no mention of Richard Brown and they only briefly acknowledge the song in the intro with the factoid that early American songs were often inspired by news events of the day. Still, it was pretty cool to hear him speaking through time. And the episode is so far very interesting, I knew nearly nothing about the story aside from what I'd heard in Brown's lyrics. I'm about halfway through and the mystery is opened wide up and it's not clear what the resolution will be.

Here's a link to the podcast:
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/352/the-ghost-of-bobby-dunbar

And here's the song:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:20:30 AM by TenBrook »

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: Richard "Rabbit" Brown song in podcast on Bobby Dunbar
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 08:52:38 AM »
Hi Lew:

Actually, the podcast is from 2008 and the topic has been discussed here before. --But it was before your time here at WC, so all is forgiven! However, a bump of an interesting topic is always welcome. Here's the link:

https://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=2702.0

Offline TenBrook

• darkhollar.tumblr.com
Re: Richard "Rabbit" Brown song in podcast on Bobby Dunbar
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:05:05 AM »
Ah thanks Stuart, I think this is the the one time I didn't search for a previous topic as I assumed only new episodes of This American Life were posted on my podcast app, but alas, that is clearly not the case. I suppose from time to time they have to pull things out of the vault.

Tags: Rabbit Brown 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal