collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
"A very highsounding name, and they were a pretty good group, but they just played things that didn't have any sense to them at all." - Columbia recording scout Frank B. Walker remembers the Leake County Revelers

Author Topic: Euro Blues Week 2017  (Read 886 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Euro Blues Week 2017
« on: March 06, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »
Hi all,
Euro Blues Week 2017 will run from July 30--August 4 this year, with participants and staff arriving on Sunday, July 30, and classes starting Monday morning and running through Friday afternoon, August 4, when the event ends.  The event will be held at a new site this year, Hartpury College Gloucester GL19 3BE United Kingdom, a sports college that Michael Roach has said is a beautiful facility.  The teaching staff will include Joe Filisko and Grant Dermody handling the harmonica classes, Adam Franklin teaching slide guitar and blues mandolin, Michael Roach teaching vocal classes and guitar, Eric Noden, Martin Grosswendt and John Miller teaching a variety of intermediate/advanced classes and Abi Budgen teaching a beginning Country Blues guitar class.
The event is a great opportunity to get together and learn from and play with people who have similar musical interests, and the focus that being away from one's normal routine permits often results in a kind of accelerated growth or jump-starting of interest and motivation.  For more information, or to sign up, go to:  http://www.euroblues.co.uk/bluesweek2017.php  .  I hope to see you there!
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:33:06 PM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Euro Blues Week 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 04:37:18 PM »
Hi all,
I just wanted to bump the mention of Euro Blues Week 2017, running from Sunday, July 30--August 4 at Hartpury College near Gloucester.  You can find out more about the event at:  http://www.euroblues.co.uk/bluesweek2017.php , or sign up.  I hope to see you there, it's always a good time, and I think the teaching staff is really strong this year.  Also, for any of you who may be attending and taking my more advanced classes, I am open to suggestion for subjects to be covered; I already have several topics in mind, but I'd also like to address areas that are of particular interest to attendees.  Let me know what you think, and I hope to see you there!
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:13:19 PM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Euro Blues Week 2017
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 03:06:38 PM »
Hi all,
I spoke to Michael Roach today, and there are still some spots available for this summer's Euro Bluesweek,  which will run from Sunday, a week from today, July 29, through Friday, August 4th.  It's always a good time, and I think the teaching staff is really strong this year, so if any of you have been on the fence about attending, or have suddenly come free for the week, I hope you'll sign up.  For more information, or to enroll go to:  http://www.euroblues.co.uk/bluesweek2017.php .  I look forward to reuniting with friends from previous years and meeting some new folks, too.
All best,
Johnm   

Tags: Euro Blues Week 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal