collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Hundreds of 'race' singers have flooded the market with what is generally regarded as the worst contribution to the cause of good music ever inflicted on the public. The lyrics of a great many of these 'blues' are worse than the lowest sort of doggerel - Talking Machine Journal, February 1924, plucked from Stephen Calt's Barrelhouse Words

Author Topic: expanding chordal horizons by john miller  (Read 4718 times)

Offline unezrider

expanding chordal horizons by john miller
« on: September 24, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »
hello friend,
john's new chord theory dvd is out on stefan grossman's website & it looks like a good one. i am still working my way through the first set. & i was very pleasantly surprised on the amount i have been learning from those first two dvd's. (& it's starting to help me get an understanding of how to approach western swing guitar, actually) it's funny the amount of stuff you think you know after playing for several years, & poof there's still plenty to learn. & plus it's nice learning how to explain why certain things work the way they do. as opposed to a just having seen it done in a number of songs, so it must be ok kind of a thing. thanks for putting these out john! i'll be looking forward to getting my copy soon.
chris
"Be good, & you will be lonesome." -Mark Twain

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: expanding chordal horizons by john miller
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 08:46:42 AM »
Thanks for mentioning this, Chris.  I hope folks find these DVD lessons helpful.
All best,
Johnm

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »
I haven't seen the new lesson yet.  Like Chris, I'm still working my way through John's Introduction To Chord Theory And Chord Voicing, and enjoying it immensely.  It's reminding me of things I once knew, teaching me new stuff, and tieing everything together in terms of guitar in a way that my old college theory classes never did.  And it's giving my fingers a good stretch!  Highly recommended.  I'm looking forward to the new one.   

Offline colm kill paul

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:22:14 AM »
Just Ordered my copy of Expanding Chordal Horizons 2dvd. It is brilliant to have the follow on DVD so many thanks John for crafting this lesson.The Chord Theory & Chord Voicing dvd have lifted my understanding of the instrument far beyond my best aspiration. I can't wait to see what unfolds in this set.

Colm

Tags: John Miller 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal