collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Well we called us the Mississippi Sheiks, all of us Chatmons, cause my name is Bo Chatman only they call me Bo Carter. We toured with the band right through the country; through the Delta, through Louisiana down to New Orleans, serenadin' - Bo Carter

Author Topic: I'm a steady rollin' man  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
I'm a steady rollin' man
« on: March 09, 2010, 01:34:16 AM »
I'm a steady rollin' man, 1/2 down, capo 1st fret.

man, I just love this song. you can tell peetie wheatstraw was a major influence on robert johnson. I recorded this a while back. going trough my tapes I thought this is worthwile for you to hear.

Offline Blue in VT

• Howdy!
Re: I'm a steady rollin' man
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 12:59:28 PM »
 :D :D :D

I like it....well played and sung.  The recording quality gives it a vintage feel too!

Cheers,

Blue
Blue in VT

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »
I'd agree with that  :)
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:04:50 PM »
Harry:

Nice take on this old classic, you've worked out a great arrangement. I especially like your vocal phrasing.

Two comments. The instrumental riff you play in the last two bars of each 4 bar section is very nice, but if you added a bit more complexity ( which you do occasionally) it would reduce the sameness.

Occasionally you throw in little boogie-bass patterns which are very effective, more and longer of these would be great-add more punch. You might even add a whole first four bars of this boogie bass to the beginning of one verse, ala Terraplane Blues, would fit great in your version.

I don't often comment on Back Porch tunes, but I think you have a real winner here.

Alex

Tags: Robert Johnson 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal