collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
She'd work Son Joe over right on the bandstand, right in front of the audience. Bang, bop, boom, bop! - Johnny Shines on Minnie, The Blues Collection #76

Author Topic: Blues Night at the 449 --Trenton NJ  (Read 1282 times)

JimNJBlues

Blues Night at the 449 --Trenton NJ
« on: February 22, 2007, 10:12:30 AM »
March 7th, 2007. 7:00pm-10:00pm
The 449 Room
449 South Broad Street
Trenton, NJ

Starting March 7th, I'll be hosting Blues Night at the 449, a regular event running Wednesday nights from 7:00pm-10:00pm. The evening will be a mix of performances by myself and others, as well as an open acoustic blues jam.

There are plenty of open mic/jam nights in the area (including Mondays at the 449), but this is the only one devoted exclusively to blues. The format is flexible, and will probably be decided and revised during the course of each night. But I'm hoping to feature plenty of local talent, so anyone interested in performing should definitely contact me in advance. That being said, walk-ins are certainly welcome.

The show is all ages and admission is free.

Anyone who needs further information, or who wants to reserve a slot to perform, should contact me at JimA2985@yahoo.com

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Re: Blues Night at the 449 --Trenton NJ
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 08:10:18 PM »
Hey Jim,

Welcome to Weenie Campbell. And Thanks for posting this notice. I hope we see more like it from other folks.

I will definitely be out there in the coming few months, perhaps more than once. My folks are down in Woodbury, but we make it up to Princeton to visit my partner's old stomping grounds. I'll let you know when the next trip shapes up. If you want, search the Back Porch for topics started by me to hear a few of my tunes. Start at about page 6 as I haven't posted any recently. These are all pretty much works in progress, which is the idea when posting to the BP. I played a blues open mic at the Pontiac Grill in Philly a while back and was the featured artist the following week. It'd be a hoot to play in Trenton. Might be able to get a few friends to come in.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

JimNJBlues

Re: Blues Night at the 449 --Trenton NJ
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 08:39:24 PM »
Just sent you an email, John...