collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
'W.C Handy Is A Liar!' Says Jelly Roll - Down Beat headline August 1938, from Lost Sounds by Tim Brooks

Author Topic: Original Song in Progress  (Read 1098 times)

bayrum78

Original Song in Progress
« on: August 05, 2012, 08:16:07 PM »
Just wanted to share an original song that is in the final stages of development which has lyrics written, but not yet overlaid I'll send another link once the "final" version has been recorded. Thanks for listening.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:03:45 AM by bayrum78 »

Offline Steve Pajik

Re: Original Song in Progress
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 11:18:56 PM »
Nice! Kinda has a really cool Cecil Barfield vibe (to my ears, anyway).

Offline sustaireblues

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 06:41:26 AM »
I like that, very haunting groove to it.

But then they ask, can you play stairway to heaven?   :D

Such a world,
Joe

bayrum78

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:31:05 PM »
Thanks Joe. Haunting is the emotion I was trying to express and the lyrics should build upon that when I finally get a chance to add them (I'm currently a poor boy far way from home in Mozambique). Thanks for the feedback.

bayrum78

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 04:35:54 PM »
Interesting comment. I would have thought more Bentonia than wherever in GA Barfield was but just becasuse its cross note doesn't automatically equate to Skip or Jack. Thanks for listening!

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »
I can hear the Cecil Barfield vibe as well, though maybe I just have that on the brain lately. I don't hear "classic" Bentonia sounds myself, but that's irrelevant really. A cool signature riff, I like all the dissonances. Looking forward to a fleshed out version.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 08:26:38 PM »
Hi Nate,
I very much like what you had on this song at the time you filmed it--I realize it has been up for a while, so perhaps it has continued to evolve.  Doesn't sound so much like Bentonia type stuff to me--more like Robert Pete Williams, with virtually everything except the IV and V chord free-handed.  You've got a strong beginning there.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 06:52:05 AM »
I'm looking forward to the next iteration as well!  Very cool.

bayrum78

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 07:14:37 AM »
Thanks guys! I need to circle back around and record with the lyrics but I keep getting sidetracked with other blues songs. I haven't made any substantial changes to the song's phrasing becuase I like it as is but I am looking for a way to avoid singing and playing the tag lick as unison. I think it will sound better if I only play the tag lick as a response and not play it during the vocal call. Anyway - you guys have motivated me to get back on it and finish it. Thanks for your interest and encouragement!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal