collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I don't want this ever published while I'm alive, because if I did get any money for it, I would just drink myself to death - Blind Willie McTell On His 1956 Recordings

Author Topic: Buddy Boy Hawkins picture  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
Buddy Boy Hawkins picture
« on: May 01, 2010, 10:22:12 AM »
a gentleman from Denmark kindly sent me some label shots of some Paramounts so I had to scribble a bit on my Walter 'Buddy Boy' Hawkins discography and while doin' so I found a picture of the man on my hard disc drive that I can't for the life of me remember where I got it from (seems like no one has used it for a record cover so far) ...
Being of the kind who likes to quote his sources, I'd appreciate every hint to where that pic might come from !!!
Stefan

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Re: Buddy Boy Hawkins picture
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 10:37:14 PM »
Stefan -- that scan probably came from me in this thread:

http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=4376.15

I scanned it out of the CD booklet SpikeDriver mentioned, which is the first time I had ever seen it; the CD says it is a recently discovered photo, so I would suspect that it was part of John Tefteller's Paramount/Grafton haul.
Chris

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:55:34 AM »
Is it not a cropped version of the Chicago Defender ad showing BBH with a guitar?

Offline LD50

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »
Is it not a cropped version of the Chicago Defender ad showing BBH with a guitar?

It's of a much higher resolution than the Chicago Defender ad, so I'd assume it's a cropped version of the same original photo that the Defender ad came from.

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 06:06:24 AM »
thank y'all for your responses, especially banjochris once again for posting that pic !!!

... and if that "new" picture should have been available before, perhaps Robert Crumb wouldn't have drawn Buddy Boy with a green tie - wouldn't he ?! >:D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal