collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
From then on in, me and Sonny started makin' records. My first records, Sonny was backin' me up. Sonny wasn't singin' natural at the time; he was singin' falsetto - Brownie McGhee

Linked Events

• Philly House Concert: Ari Eisinger with the Litt: April 17, 2010 - March 16, 2010

Author Topic: Philly House Concert: Ari Eisinger with the Little Brothers Sat April 17  (Read 2055 times)

Offline BlindSockeyeSalmon

• Sugar in the Gourd: Old-Time, All the Time
A House Concert Featuring Blues & Ragtime Guitarist

Ari Eisinger

with special guests The Little Brothers

Date: Saturday, April 17, 2010
Time: 7:00pm
Donation: $20 (all proceeds go to the artists)

The Little Brothers will perform first, and then Ari will perform 2 sets.

To reserve a spot or for more information contact John Salmon at john@sugarinthegourd.com (or by phone in the evenings or weekends: 215.900.6322)

Snacks and refreshments will be available.

About the performers:

Ari Eisinger
Guitar Blues and Ragtime from the 1920s and 1930s

"Contrary to the rumors, blues and ragtime guitarist Ari Eisinger has only 10 fingers. It just sounds as if he has more. His mission is to preserve the classic blues and ragtime tunes from the 1920s and 1930s."

The Plain Dealer

"He?s a fingerpicking guitar player par excellence who specializes in country blues and ragtime from the 1920s and 1930s... His playing is astoundingly complex and precise, obviously reverential yet filled with personal touches... A brilliant musician... he sounds like four people playing at once."

The Philadelphia Inquirer

For the uninitiated, hearing Ari Eisinger the first time can be a shock. The authenticity with which he recreates some of the best and instrumentally complex country blues is downright spooky. It can be fun to watch professionals? reaction as well. A little jaded by years of experience and road-weariness, they might smirk when this small, thin man who looks more like an accountant than a blues musician walks out on stage with his Gibson guitar. Those faces change quickly when he starts to play. It?s a look that says, ?I?ve never heard anyone do that.? And it?s true. There is no one I?ve encountered who plays Blind Blake with such authority and who remains so faithful to the spirit and style of the original music. Hearing the Philadelphia-based guitarist is a rare event though -- he performs infrequently and records even less often...

Andrew Mullins, review at weeniecampbell.com

Learn more about Ari at his website: secondmind.com.

The Little Brothers
Featuring Kim and Frankie Basile and a program of Country Blues

Kim specializes in classic blues fiddle, and some unusual traditional styles that are unique in the music revival. Frankie is a master of country blues stylings on the 6 and 12 string guitar. Mike Hoffmann completes the trio with an array of stolen mandolins and stolen tunes. Frankie also hosts a fine blues and old time resource website at donegone.net, where you can learn more.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:12:02 AM by Slack »
http://sugarinthegourd.com
Old-Time, All the Time

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Hi all,
This show is clearly one that will be worth taking some unusual pains to attend.  What a line-up!  I wish it wasn't so far from where I live.  It would be worth hopping on a train, though, if you lived anywhere from Baltimore to Newark.  I look forward to hearing about it.
All best,
Johnm

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
an unceremonious bump...  for those in the Philadelphia and surrounding areas - Ari really does not play locally all that often.  This is a chance to see him in a warm, relaxed environment...  sure to be a great time!

Offline BlindSockeyeSalmon

• Sugar in the Gourd: Old-Time, All the Time
Ari Eisinger performs Charlie Jordan's "Hunkie Tunkie Blues" from our house concert last week.

It was a great night of music!

http://www.youtube.com/v/6Kiwy_xpPSk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0
http://sugarinthegourd.com
Old-Time, All the Time

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Nuff said!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal