collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Boy, everybody's bin asking me one damn thing or another. I'll sing you something from that record when I get out there. You're here to hear me sing, ain't ya? - Lightnin' Hopkins responds to a young Alan Balfour's request to sign an album sleeve

Author Topic: Tommy Johnson  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
Tommy Johnson
« on: July 14, 2008, 03:46:39 AM »
with a little help of You Know Who I've been able to build a real heavily illustrated Tommy Johnson discography

Further info appreciated !

Stefan

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Re: Tommy Johnson
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:40:21 AM »
Yet another work of epic proportions!  Well done Stefan and Mr. Bunker Hill.  I think they both deserve a Golden Weenie.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 07:20:41 AM »
Yet another work of epic proportions!  Well done Stefan and Mr. Bunker Hill.  I think they both deserve a Golden Weenie.
Mine is but a miniscule part in this great endeavour. Would that my industry was as dedicated as that of the redoubtable Herr Wirz...

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 07:52:39 AM »
Are we sure Tommy really deserves a discography?  ;D

Thanks once again, Stefan.

I scrolled and scanned and did not find a listing for "I Want Someone to Love Me", the test pressing found a couple years ago. It is on the Yazoo disc Times Ain't Like They Used to Be, Vol 8, and also on one of the Blues Images calendar CDs, I believe.

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:43:41 AM »
thanks a lot andrew,
and I didn't have much more to do than transfer them both from my King Solomon Hill discography . . .

(We have a pretty little adjective here in Germany: to be 'betriebsblind', which my dictionary translates as 'blind to the shortcomings of one's company')

Stefan

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal