collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The minstrel and annex bands were features at the show grounds. Here were a group of colored minstrels, players, band people, under the direction of Edward Rucker... The band plays pretty airs of all kinds, suiting the music nicely to the work in hand. When the snakes were exhibited it played a charming waltz; somehow it fitted the exhibit; others were of similar propriety - The Indianapolis Freeman, July 4th, 1914, quoted in Ragged But Right by Lynn Abbott and Doug Seroff

Author Topic: Henry Townsend Discography  (Read 6443 times)

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
Henry Townsend Discography
« on: January 28, 2004, 12:54:11 PM »
it's been some time that I added a Henry Townsend discography to my site at http://www.wirz.de/music/townsend.htm
Any additional info is appretiated !

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Henry Townsend Discography
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 04:23:53 PM »
Hi Stefan,
I just checked the discography and it looks like you don't yet have the Arcola CD of Henry's that I reviewed a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't even know of the existence of the Adelphi album with Henry and Michael Stewart and I have never seen the Folkways album of Henry.  Where do you find them all?
All best,
Johnm

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
Re: Henry Townsend Discography
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 09:42:55 AM »
Hi John,
thanks for the reminder about that arcola CD - was on my list of things to do (a bit at the bottom, I confess) - pulled it to the top and added a few other info too.
The Adelphi and Folkways LPs are part of my little collection - must have found their way into it sometime, can't remember the exact place I found them ;-)
Thanks again,
Stefan

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
Henry Townsend Discography
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 05:10:41 AM »
... and what about that one towards a Henry Townsend discography:
http://www.wirz.de/music/townsend.htm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal