Country Blues > Saturday Night Fish Fry

Rev. Gary Davis tribute evening

(1/2) > >>

Parlor Picker:
My good friend, Mick Knight, contacted me recently to say he'd realised May 5 this year marks the 50th anniversary of Rev. Davis' passing. He is therefore organising a celebratory event on May 9 at the Jenny Lind pub in Hastings Old Town (UK). He will perform and is keen for other players to turn up and play. It does not have to be exclusively Gary's material so other country blues and gospel will be welcomed. He even wondered if any American Weenies might cross the ocean for the event!.

Parlor Picker:
It is also worth mentioning that entry to the event will be free for audience and performers alike.

Rivers:
Wow Mick's back in the UK? Say hi from Mark & Cheryl in upstate NY. If things get any fricken' crazier in these Disunited States of America we might be seeing y'all again, sooner rather than later... :)

Parlor Picker:

--- Quote from: Rivers on April 20, 2022, 01:11:21 AM ---Wow Mick's back in the UK? Say hi from Mark & Cheryl in upstate NY. If things get any fricken' crazier in these Disunited States of America we might be seeing y'all again, sooner rather than later... :)

--- End quote ---
Will do, Mark. Although not a Weenie member, I know Mick does check out these pages from time to time, so he'll probably see your comment anyway.

Parlor Picker:
He's covered Rev. Davis and Blind Lemon. Next up is Memphis Minnie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version