collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
What, is that like a crawdad? - Bill Williams, turning down the opportunity to partake in a crab feast

Author Topic: European Weenie gathering?...  (Read 8303 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
European Weenie gathering?...
« on: June 05, 2006, 10:47:58 AM »
I originally posted this tagged onto the end of another topic...but on thinking about it, would it be viable???

Basically, would any of you UK Weenies consider coming here for a Weenie weekend... no idea of details whatsoever but performance would have to be high on the list!

Let me know and if there are a few of you I'll enquire into whatever I have to enquire into!!

Meet the voice of the juke at no extra cost  ;D
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Re: European Weenie gathering?...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 01:05:56 PM »
A great idea, day job permitting...

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 02:45:33 PM »
I'm good for it, subject to availability.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 07:06:53 PM »
Well if you have one in '07 I may make it. My partner, Gre, and I have been trying to get over since our Commitment ceremony 3 years ago, but life issues have continued to get in the way. It looks like we ain't gonna make it again this year, either. The plan is to visit the Orkneys (birds and ruins) and Scotland (well, Cowan is a Scottish name) and then over to Paris, where she has many ties. I was hopin' to meet some of you folks, and if you're all gonna be in one spot it would make it easy.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 01:07:58 AM »
Where would "here" be, Richard?  I gather you're in the Channel Islands.  I know Prof. Scratchy is in Edinburgh and Blueshome and I reside in SE England.  OK, distances aren't as vast as in North America, but they would still be an issue.

Anyway, you're tempting me...   :-\

I think the event should be advertised with Weenie Campbell given top billing on the list of performers.  :)

Michael
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 06:50:42 AM »
I think the event should be advertised with Weenie Campbell given top billing on the list of performers.

He's on World Tour and you just might be able to catch him passing through.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 08:11:06 AM »
"Here" for those that don't know is Guernsey.. a little but pretty Island and if everybody came with a guitar it would probaly sink  ;)

Waxy... an honour... maybe if there is enough interest I should set about doing it for next year... ???

As a clue as to timing, if it ever came off the hotels are generally a bit quiet beginning\end of season so sort of April\September would be better for getting a deal from my past experience of tryingput things on.

God, this is getting serious.... :)

And, of course artists with nothing less than top billing would be expected to perform.. with my guitar playing I think I'll find me a piano player and play me drums!!

I forgot, who is Weenie's current agent I seem to have mislaid it somewhere amongst the wine bottles..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 08:15:24 AM by Richard »

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 09:09:21 AM »
September or April are both fine - though Easter sometimes gets in the way of April and pushes flight prices up. In September you can fly to Guernsey form Edinburgh for thirty quid. Waxy could fly back to Edinburgh to begin the Scottish leg of his world tour of the UK and would be more than welcome to reside at Scratchy Towers.

boots

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 02:26:43 PM »
Sounds interesting. I would reckon September would be the better bet as the weather is generally more likely to be better.

Yves

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 09:47:30 AM »
Subject to availibility ... I'll be there with glasses and French Loire valley wine

All the best

Yves

Yves

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 09:51:52 AM »
I missed to tell that it should be great to add Bob Tilling to the list

Yves

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 09:55:44 AM »
Id certainly consider it.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »
Shave a stoat, what have I started  :-X

Numbers are creeping up so it's looking as though it might come off... I dare say I can rattle a few chains on the EBA as well.

Let me put a little meat on the bare bones.

I know from past experience that I can't promise to get cheap transport for anybody, but if booked well in advance it's not that bad for instance I recently got a Gatwick return ?60 but note that flights booked very late will cost a fortune.

To get a deal on a decent hotel - I would think everybody in the same one would be the way to go - I will need some idea of numbers and then I can approach some hotels and see what dates are available.

Any suggestions, questions... about anything!!!

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 02:01:34 PM »
Why not provisionally nominate a September weekend and set a deadline (a couple of weeks or so) for folk to commit or not. Then you'd have numbers with which to bargain with hotels...?

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 01:01:52 AM »
I mentioned this thread to Roger Hubbard yesterday and his response was: "When do we go?"  So there's a potential performer/workshop leader.  Let me know if you're interested, Richard, and I'll sound him out.

I agree with Yves' comment on Bob Tilling, as he's just over the water on Jersey.

By the way, when you say "September" do you mean this year or next??

Michael
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal