Country Blues > Down the Dirt Road

Hand Picked Blues radio show

(1/1)

lindy:
I've been enjoying Richard's and Mendip Slims' Mixcloud programs--thanks to both for the time and effort! 

I want to plug this show, produced by someone who has attended at least 10 Port Townsend workshops and who plays both mando and guitar, not at the same time.

http://cfuv.uvic.ca/cms/?shows=hand-picked-blues

Part of the deal at this station is that a large chunk of programming must originate from Canada. Lucky for us, Canada has a lot of excellent practitioners of acoustic blues, and the host is familiar with them at all levels of obscurity.

Thursdays at 4 pm, Victoria, British Columbia time.

It's non-com radio with a small budget, so it can only archive each show for one week before replacing it with a new one.

Lindy

islandgal:
Lindy,

Thanks for alerting me to this program by my fellow Canuck and Vancouver Islander, Gavin Hodgins. I will definitely be following his show.

Jean

Stuart:
Thanks, Lindy. I just listened to the archived show. Gavin put together a nice mix of the good stuff, IMHO.

Rivers:
Very cool. Tons of good stuff but especially good to hear Del and Suzy at the end. Will keep checking it out, eh!

lindy:
Folks,

I just want to give a quick new plug for this program because this is CFUV's fund drive week.

The way things are in Canada and the US, we rely on non-commercial stations to help keep obscure kinds of music like country blues alive and reaching the uninitiated.

The program is still 4 pm Thursday afternoons, British Columbia time zone. Each show is available for 1 full week after its initial airing.

Thanks for any contributions you can make!

Lindy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version