Country Blues > SOTM - Song Of The Month

Song of the Month schedule for 2018

(1/6) > >>

Johnm:
Hi all,
I just realized that I hadn't done anything about scheduling Songs of the Month for 2018.  Do folks want to continue having them every month?  I would be willing to come up with something for January (now), but if folks would care to volunteer to do the songs for the next few months so we have them set up, that would be great.  Just post in this thread if you'd like to take a month and name the month for which you'd like to select the song.  Thanks, and Happy New Year.
All best,
Johnm

Prof Scratchy:
I?ll volunteer for February.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnm:
Thanks, Prof!  Any other takers?  You can suit both the song choice and the way you set up the initial post to your own preferences.  It need not be overly scholarly/researched (though if that is your preference it's fine).  Nor does the first post need to be exhaustive, listing every version you've found--you can leave versions for other people to find.  The idea, I think, is to get people thinking about a song in a new way, with more attention, and just get the ball rolling.  Once people start responding, the thread takes on a life of its own.
All best,
Johnm

islandgal:
I'll volunteer for March. I searched for past SOM titles and didn't see the title I have in mind, but I would still like to confirm that it hasn't been done.

Johnm:
Thanks, islandgal!  Anyone want to take April?
All best,
Johnm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version