collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor - Eugene Swampman Goldsmith, instructions for making a blues recording

Author Topic: European Weenie gathering 13-14 April 07 is go! And the web site up and running  (Read 23267 times)

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Just got an email from Cobo asking for deposit, so I guess that reconfirms we're booked.-G. Now we just have to figure out the rest of our itinerary. You guys have pretty much put us off Orkney if it's going to be barely above freezing.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Ah, you beat me to it, I have not long come back from my travels and was going to email you to say they had you down........... looks as thought they have now decided on deposit - maybe I should no have reminded them  - or is the tutonic efficiency of the Austrians over the Lavians ;D

And Orkney  :-X I hear it cold in summer let alone April, but of course it's north of Cheltenahm... whoops  >:(
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 08:49:12 AM by Richard »
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Today's comparative weather report:
Orkney high 8; low 5
Edinburgh high 9; low 6
Cheltenham high 11; low 7
Guernsey high 12; low 9
Guernsey Iowa: high 5; low -2

All above in centigrade. Double and add30 for fahrenheit.
Guernsey Channel Islands wins. Guernsey USA doesn't. I'll pack my bathers!

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
If you are exceptionally lucky it might get to 45-50deg in early April in Orkney, but add the wind chill and rain and it is likely to be "brutally cold" as one of the guide books puts it. If I had the chance to go, however, I'd take it, just depends on your expectations, remember there's always the pub.

Don't expect conditions to be exactly summery on Guernsey although you will get a warm welcome from the Euro-weenies.

Offline natterjack

Just got around to booking the hotel and flights, sorry I'm so late - was umming and aahing for a bit. Hope this is OK

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
NJ

Of course it's Okeh, we shall be delighted to see you... now, my spies tell me you have some fine guitars  :P

Offline natterjack

Thanks. I do have a couple of particularly fine specimens :D. Just need decide which I want to risk entrusting to FlyBe!!! :o

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
We're out the door. Little Stella in hand. See you all in 2 weeks.

All for now.
John C.
George Bernard Shaw

Joseph Heller, Catch-22

CD on YT

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Bon Voyage!  Sounds like a ton of fun - wish I could be there with you guys!

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
Well this time next week  :-X

Let's hope it all turns out as planned and the weather is with us, I've even got the pa sorted now as well !

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Good on you for putting this event together, Richard!  I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.  I wish I could be there myself.  It would be great to see everybody and see Guernsey, as well.  Best of luck on the weather.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Yes, keep us posted Richard and congrats on pulling off the affair - I have a feeling this is the start of something BIG

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
Thanks for the support.... from little acorns etc etc etc

A quick update - I checked with the hotel today and basically it looks as though we have the function room from the Friday through to midday on the Sunday and since most folks will be returning on the Sunday that is probably enough playing time for anybody!!

I think we now have enough people to make it work now and with luck if it's a success we might be able to get a few more for the next one ...  :P

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Someone remember to get some pictures, mp3s for the Back Porch, hell why not some video for YouTube...

:D

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Made it thru customs with the little Stella. In fact, they didn't even look at us. Must be nice living in a country that hasn't pissed off the rest of the world.-G-

Been in Paris since early Tuesday.  Played for the staff after hours last night in a great little restaurant down the street from the studio we rented in the Bastille. We've been having one great meal after another, and since my LDL cholesterol was down to 106 before we left I ain't holding back.

Played a '33 Duolian and a cool Bakelite necked Triolian, not to mention some other tasty boxes, in perhaps the most upscale little guitar store ever, in the Gallerie Verot-Dodat, near the Palais Royal. Lots of Selmers and such, too. Real fun.

Richard, do we really need a PA? How many are we at this point? I've been at house concerts with 25 or more in the house and a PA would have been overkill. Personally I'd rather hear the music unamplified.

BTW, Gre's sister is joining us for the Guernsey leg of the trip. I believe she's already booked into the hotel, but please include her in any meal plans.

We arrive on the ferry from St. Malo on Friday.

Internet cafes are few and far between so I won't be checking in much.

All for now.
John C.
George Bernard Shaw

Joseph Heller, Catch-22

CD on YT

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal