collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going - Prof. Irwin Corey

Author Topic: Euroweenie 2012  (Read 14322 times)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Euroweenie 2012
« on: September 24, 2011, 11:14:44 PM »
Following words with the oracle (Richard), we are proposing another Euroweenie gathering in spring 2012. Further details over the next few weeks. We will choose a date to avoid clashing with the EBA spring event. Last weekend in March is the first thought but this will depend on venue availability etc., we hope to return to the New Forest.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Re: Euroweenie 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 03:01:43 AM »
I'd better start saving then (especially as daughter no. 2 gets married at the beginning of April).
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 10:44:43 PM »
I have plans to be through LHR at about that time, potentially with a day or two free. The New Forest is within striking distance, and this colonial would enjoy a chance to connect. Youse Euroweenies is an intriguing bunch.
Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 01:07:42 PM »
Just catching up after an escape from the rock, so I suppose I had better get my hotel sorting hat on.

Any violent objections as to why we shouldn't go to the same delightfully run down country pile again? And\or any date preferences or know of anything we should avoid clashing with other than the Olympics  :(
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 01:58:23 AM »
My vote is for the same hotel as the last two years. Basically - if it ain't broke don't fix it. The staff are very welcoming and helpful, the conference room is free-of-charge, the food was better last year and the price is reasonable for the New Forest. Plus, we all know how to find it.

Given the above-mentioned nuptials, please avoid weekend of 7 April - preferably by a few weeks if possible. That's also Easter weekend, so also recommend avoiding school holidays because of the extra traffic.

Thanks again in advance to Richard and Phil for their tireless efforts to sort out the venue, programme, etc.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 03:43:35 AM »
I'm with PP.

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 10:52:05 AM »
All makes sense to me...  Nice venue in many ways.  Not crazy about the food, but the combination of price, food and facilities seems about right all in all.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 08:18:38 AM »
Seems fairy 'nuff to me. Food could be better I agree but the rest of it works, I'll make contact.

Are we after the same rumber of rooms, it was about ten last time  wasn't it ::)

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 09:42:33 AM »
we should maybe skip a meal and go for a  curry!

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 09:51:35 AM »
So when you fellas say not fond of the food, what is it? Is it included in the price and therefore you must eat it?

Offline Norfolk Slim

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 10:38:18 AM »
More of a quid pro quo UB.  We agree to pay for the dinner for two nights and we get the function room free of charge.  Not sure whether thats a spoken or unspoken arrangement but seems to be how it works.

Im all for scratchy's suggestion (being obsessed with curry) but it does require transport and persuading the hotel to give us the function room etc in return for only one night's dinner takings :-)

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 10:52:39 AM »
I'd forgotten the hotel food was what got us the free function room...maybe I'll just pay for the two meals but skip one anyway and go for a solitary vindaloo...

Offline Norfolk Slim

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 11:48:54 AM »
If i get even the faintest hint of someone visiting the local tandoori... I guarantee that person wont be solitary!

Offline Stumblin

• Got the Blues, can't be satisfied
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »
Give me a ballpark figure for the weekend, I might get a windfall.
Especially if I eat the vindaloo...
Waits for tumbleweed, none arrives, gets coat.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 01:49:15 PM »
Yes, that is about the size of it (as the actress said to Bishop) without Dinner (sic) the room cost wasn't much less - a sort of gentlemanly blackmail. I'm inclined to go with Prof!

Stumblin, the cost? Umm can't remember off hand, was it about seventy quid a night or something inc the Dinner (sic) - go look up the topic for last April I'm sure the rates were mentioned somewhere.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal