collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Once when singing in midtown Manhattan, a passer-by remarked that he played very much like Reverend Gary Davis, to which Gary replied that he knew Reverend Gary Davis quite well - Barry Kornfeld in Oh, What a Beautiful City

Author Topic: Florida Bound and Bad Feeling Blues  (Read 567 times)

Offline joe paul

Florida Bound and Bad Feeling Blues
« on: July 01, 2013, 03:03:54 AM »
Hi everyone, here are a couple of videos done in the grand style of just one take.
The first one is Edward Thompson's "Florida Blues" and the second is Blind Blake's "Bad Feeling Blues".
Tomorrow a guy who's starting up a little film business has offered to record a video of me playing a song. For free. I guess it can't hurt for something extra to have to show to people to get concert dates. I'd really appreciate it if you tell me which one you think works best for me, or just which one you think is more fun. Right, now I'm off to practise them some more.

Thanks !

Gordon

Offline shaw

• Howdy!
Re: Florida Bound and Bad Feeling Blues
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:49:57 PM »
Enjoyed them both. The first has a nice solid rhythm, the singing is also maybe a little more cinfident sounding. But I love Blind Blake, so quite liked the version you play of that tune, too.

Offline ArthurBlake

• I laid him out cold, with his heels in a tub.
Re: Florida Bound and Bad Feeling Blues
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 06:27:06 AM »
I find that turnaround bit in Bad Feeling Blues is a tricky bugger to get smooth especially when trying to sing but it is the main reason I wanna be able to play it. Keep going you will only get tighter, it is one of the most beautiful tunes ever. I am not familiar with the other tune but it is a beauty. I think both tunes will suit you but you are closer on the first one, good luck, I enjoyed it.
I met a woman she was a pigmeat some
Big fat mouth, I followed her home
She pulled a gun and broke my jaw
Didnt leave me hard on, I didnt get sore

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal