collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor - Eugene Swampman Goldsmith, instructions for making a blues recording

Author Topic: EUROWEENIE 29 and 30 April 2016 - book now to avoid disappointment!  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Re: EUROWEENIE 29 and 30 April 2016 - book now to avoid disappointment!
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2016, 03:39:37 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, Richard. What it is to have fans! Maybe I should start doing signed photos - well, maybe not!!

Hope somebody else is assigned my usual job of photographing some of the illustrious performances.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Marshcat

• Aloha!
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2016, 10:39:09 PM »
Will bring along a brace of Nikons and Nationals respectively, Michael. Also dragging Gareth Hedges along for the Saturday session.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 03:09:26 AM »
Will bring along a brace of Nikons and Nationals respectively, Michael. Also dragging Gareth Hedges along for the Saturday session.

Haven't seen Gareth for years and sorry to miss him on this occasion. I know - I should have been there! Don't rub it in!  :'(
Barbecue Bob

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2016, 12:08:57 PM »
Now for the bad news.... there are major timetable changes so please download this revised version and see what you make of it.

See you on Friday afternoon - any queries meantime let me know.

PP we hope to see you next time.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:51:15 AM by Richard »
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 01:35:17 AM »
Will try and make it next year. (I think your 'new timetable file' is a wrong 'un, Richard).
Barbecue Bob

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 01:50:26 AM »
Oh... PP you are so right, I fear in my haste to post I have fornicated it all up  >:(

Attached is the correct revised timetable!

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 03:49:24 AM »
Oh... PP you are so right

As usual! Sigh.... 8)
Barbecue Bob

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2016, 11:44:04 AM »
Just thought since my faithful reporter PP was absent this year, I ought to cobble up a few lines to say that despite the absences of Blueshome, PP and Prof Scratchy I thought the event went very well.

The hotel or should I say spa and country club, no I won't, the hotel was very busy since there was also wedding going. Worse, a coach load of unhappy befuddled grannies were aimlessly wandering around having been dumped there by the National Trust ? whether they were exhibits we will never be sure, but we suspect that was the case.

However, of more interest our numbers were bolstered to I think nine, on the Saturday by the appearance of Stuart alias Marshcat and his friend, sorry I'd better rephrase that, his musical associate Gareth plus Bob(a)Long?s singing lady friend Laurna (hope I got that right, I'm crap at names). All told fun was had by all, with the hotel being so busy we were allocated the library as our playroom, which by sheer coincidence contained a copy of Cluedo ? so for those that didn't quite work it out, it was the granny in the library by the musician with the zimmerframe.

Musically, all very good with talk's by Mike S, Graham T and Bob's expose on Tommy Johnson's drinking habits. Simon produced not only a rabbit from his Stella, but a very workmanlike quiz of which I am proud to say for once I didn't come last! My aural quiz, which for some reason necessitated constantly pointing those who looked disappointed towards the correct spelling was to my mind a success, but then I knew the answers?

We had the usual draw to form trios and then perform followed by the more timid members of the collective playing with each other at random. I think one of the finer sights of the event was that of Andrew appearing in his football outfit on the Saturday morning after he'd been playing with the under tens. Coughs.

That's about it really, I've had enough except to say thank you all for coming and for Gareth for being brave enough to join us weenies, unfortunately he seems to have the same sense of humour as me. I am grateful for Stuart for bringing a brace of cameras and hope he might post a few pics ? and for all those who have helped out in some way.

Apart from the fact the food was pretty rubbishy this time (but they didn't charge us hehehe) I am going to re-book for 2017 as it's the only half-decent place that will take us AND I hope we will be joined by those who were absent from this years epic. 

Thanks to all and do feel free to add your version of events fantasy or otherwise.
R
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:46:02 AM by Richard »

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 12:16:36 PM »
Sounds like fun and frolics were had! So sorry to have missed it due to medical anxieties and I hope to be back in 2017.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2016, 02:31:37 AM »
Missed you all, but consoled myself with the fact that driving all the way to Somerset on a Bank Holiday weekend would not have been fun. Also consoled myself by ordering an Alvarez Grateful Dead 50-year Anniversary guitar (chew on that all you fans of ladder-braced, birchwood monstrosities - he said provocatively, but doesn't mean it really  ;D)! The move was tempted by a visit to a friend who already has one and you'll be pleased to hear my trial of the instrument featured me playing my lame versions of pieces by the likes of John Hurt, Rev. Davis, etc., so I didn't really let the (Weenie) side down.

Hopefully next year!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:12:03 AM by Parlor Picker »
Barbecue Bob

Offline harvey

• Howdy!
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2016, 02:56:57 AM »
Thanks Richard for organising once more. I got the idea eventually on the food; order from the bar menu and keep it simple !

Thanks to Bob and Graham also for the time and effort put into their presentations (maybe I should make the effort next year) they certainly raised the bar with materials, recordings, lyrics etc. Be warned those who didn't attend.

thanks also for the quiz's also hard but enjoyable.

To those who couldn't attend you were missed hope to see you next year

Offline Marshcat

• Aloha!
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2016, 05:19:49 AM »
A severely censored photographic record of the highlights of the event is now available in the "Photo Gallery" section of the site, so that participants can reminisce in their (rapidly approaching) dotage and non-participants can thank their lucky stars they were spared.

http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?action=gallery;cat=48

Please add photos if you managed to take any!

Missed you both, Scratchy and Parlor Picker...

Aloha,
Marshcat
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:22:57 AM by Marshcat »

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2016, 08:11:13 AM »
Thanks for the pics I have added the odd discreet comment  :P

I meant to say that when I try and rebook for 2017 I will try and avoid the bank holiday weekend, it was just that this year after their cock up the dates it was the only weekend available.

Offline Mike Shipman

• Howdy!
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2016, 09:37:55 PM »
Thanks to Richard for arrangements and everyone for contributing to a very enjoyable weekend. Already saving my pennies for the next one!
Mike Shipman
New Forest - Hampshire, UK.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2016, 12:58:56 AM »
Ta, am trying to get another booking now so watch this space...

Tags: euroweenie 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal