collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
It was music which had been brought up from the Mississippi delta by migrating post World War II Negroes and hardened and toughened and electrified and amplified to suit the dance halls and mean streets of Chicago, and it thrilled me to the very depths of my soul. To a dissolute white kid from the mean streets of a concrete housing estate, this music seemed tailored to echo the way that I felt - Fred McCormick on discovering The Best of Muddy Waters (on Pye International), in a world of Cliff Richard and Helen Shapiro

Author Topic: Review of Sausage Grinder's "Delicious Moments" on Folkworks  (Read 931 times)

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Review of Sausage Grinder's "Delicious Moments" on Folkworks
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:05:54 PM »
Some shameless self promotion -- our album got a nice write up in the online magazine Folkworks -- here's the link:

http://www.folkworks.org/current-column-display/40113-sausage-grinder-delicious-moments

And you can buy the album here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/SausageGrinder

It'll give you something to listen to until the Little Brothers' CD comes out next week.

We also got reviewed in the last Sing Out! and I've seen it but still don't have a copy!
Chris

Offline Lyle Lofgren

• Lyle & Elizabeth Lofgren
Re: Review of Sausage Grinder's "Delicious Moments" on Folkworks
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 05:22:09 AM »
I reviewed it for the Old Time Herald -- not sure if it'll be in the next issue or the one after that. Keep looking for it.

I recommended it, by the way. I liked the booklet, too.

Lyle

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:37:18 AM »
I'll second that recommendation. Some fine playing on this disc. Not a surprise for those who have followed banjochris here, but the other grinders are great too, with some hot mandolin and fiddle. Lots o' fun.

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 08:27:44 AM »
I reviewed it for the Old Time Herald -- not sure if it'll be in the next issue or the one after that. Keep looking for it.

I recommended it, by the way. I liked the booklet, too.

Lyle

Thanks for letting me know, Lyle -- appreciate it. And glad you liked it!
Chris

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 12:32:17 PM »
Congratulations!

Cheers

Pan

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal