collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I got tired of smellin' mule farts - Walter Vinson, (Mississippi Sheiks) on why he gave up his day job

Author Topic: Sausage Grinder (banjochris' band) in Los Angeles May 9 and 14  (Read 1454 times)

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Sausage Grinder is playing two gigs this week and next in Los Angeles:

First is this Saturday, May 9 at the Craft Beer Fest at the Echoplex, 1154 Glendale Blvd, LA 90026. The event runs from 2-9 p.m. and Sausage Grinder will play at around 5 p.m. It's $30 to get in, but that includes beer and food and more.

More info: http://www.attheecho.com/2009/03/27/saturday-050909-la-cabal-826la-echo-present-the-first-annual-craft-beer-fest-la-echoplex/

Second, on Thursday, May 14, we'll play at the kick-off party for the 4th Annual L.A. Old-Time Social at The Hyperion Tavern, 1941 Hyperion Ave, LA 90027. This one is FREE -- the concert also features Sweet Angel and the Surly Saints and Frankie Fairfield. The show starts at 9 p.m., and we're playing last -- headlining, as they say.

More info: http://oldtimeisagoodtime.com/

If any Weenies come by, be sure to stop and say hello!
Chris

A (moderately) recent video:

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
Re: Sausage Grinder (banjochris' band) in Los Angeles May 9 and 14
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 05:33:33 PM »
Hello banjochris.

The video sounds like a lot of fun. I really like the "eastern" quality of your tune!
The only problem for me is the somewhat poor sound balance. Is that you singing the lead vocals? I sure wish I could hear you a little more, but what I'm hearing is nevertheless great! These live recordings are always problematic soundwise, but the general idea of what you do gets through anyway.

Cheers

Pan

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:13:10 PM »
It is me singing lead but everyone else was much louder for some reason -- as you say, you're never quite sure what you're going to get with live recordings, particularly just from the mic on the video camera.
Chris

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »
Great band name, great song, great version. Re sound: hard to overcome that background growling.

Note that Chris is doing a workshop on oldtime back-up guitar, according to the weblink he provides.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:55:22 PM by uncle bud »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal