collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
As Miles Davis introduced modal improvisation Coltrane complained that he found it difficult to end his solo. Miles suggested: "Try removing the mouthpiece from your mouth"

Author Topic: forum Blues get together in Indianola Mississippi  (Read 1142 times)

didaman

forum Blues get together in Indianola Mississippi
« on: January 24, 2007, 07:31:26 AM »
Hello Folks, Just wanted to give you a heads up on a blues get together that is gathering a lot of steam on all Blues forums. The Boozenblues get together is a forum based initiative where members of these forums will have a chance to attend and or perform in one of the best of Delta blues settings, Club Ebony. This is a 4 day tribute to Mary Shepard and Club Ebony. Mary has been quite ill as of late and I felt it was time to pay hommage to a true Blues Patriot. Check out the site at www.boozenblues.com and let me know. There is still a lot of room for performers. The sooner you let me know the better.

Peace and Blues,
Andre Laberge
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 11:44:08 AM by didaman »

didaman

Re: forum Blues get together in Indianola Mississippi
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 05:53:12 AM »
Hello Folks,

Just wanted to give you all an update. I am getting a lot of requests from performers outside of this forum to be on the bill. As mentioned in an earlier post other than being principaly a tribute to Mary Shepard this is meant as a get together of forum folks performers as well as attendees. Before I continue putting on the bill performers from outside these forums I would like to give the chance to folks on this forum. It would be a shame not to have a large contingent of accoustic country blues, piedmont style, electric and so on from this forum. Some members have shown a keen interest but I want to make sure that everyone gets a chance before everything is booked up! Let me know by e-mail of your interest. The website has been updated and we even have a myspace page graciously put together with the help of a forum alumnus. For those of you undecided, remember this is for a great cause. It's going to be a howl!!! Thank you for those of you helping out. This thing is really taking off and I can feel the enthusiasm building.

Thanks again.

andre
www.boozenblues.com

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal