collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Born under a bad sign, been down since I began to crawl. If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all - Albert King, Born Under a Bad Sign

Author Topic: EBA Bluesweek details are up...  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
EBA Bluesweek details are up...
« on: January 18, 2010, 08:48:22 AM »
http://www.euroblues.co.uk/BluesWeek2010Ad.jpg

Almost exactly the same line up as last year.  Which, on many levels is good- because it was a very good lineup.

Sad to see no sign of Ari though :(

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: EBA Bluesweek details are up...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:22:12 AM »
Thanks for that link, Slim.  I think attendees who have not had a previous opportunity to hear and learn from Rich Del Grosso are in for a real treat.  He is a fine slide player, a stellar mandolinist, strong singer, and an exceptionally clear and organized teacher (as well as a very nice guy).  Any of you who have mandolins should definitely bring them to Blues Week because I'm sure Rich will get into that some in addition to his slide classes.
All best,
Johnm

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:19:28 PM »
Yes, but more importantly John, you are back! It wouldn't be the same, just told Angie, so she has given her blessing for my 11th year, and you were the clincher. What have you in mind for us?

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 03:28:52 PM »
Thanks very much for the good words, Phil.  I have to admit the two years I missed recently I felt a real void in my summer.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing next summer yet, but anticipate doing some more musicianship work like moving ideas between different positions and tunings, much like your contrasting versions of "Walking Blues" in Spanish and Vestapol, as well as looking at the characteristic sound of some players, as we did with Gabriel Brown and Lil' Son Jackson last summer.  I'm thinking it might be fun to look at some Post-War Mississippi players like Dr. Ross, Robert Curtis Smith, R. L. Burnside, John Lee Hooker or Robert Belfour, too.  Maybe some Frankie Lee Sims, who knows?
All best,
Johnm

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal