collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
He was a sinful boy, good-hearted but had no soul. His heart was hard and cold like ice - Willie McTell, Dying Crapshooter's Blues

Author Topic: The Best of The Back Porch  (Read 1390 times)

bluesbreaker

The Best of The Back Porch
« on: February 14, 2005, 05:39:36 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, so if I'm asking something old, forgive me.

I think The Back Porch is just wonderful and it's a great opportunity to share music with peers.

I'd be very curious to know what you all think the best, most-authentic, posting (Music file) has been so far. Sort of the Grammys of the Weenie Campbell Board--or the "Weenies" for that matter.

Of course thaere are wondeful comments on each post, but truly, which do you feel is the best so far. (If you want to vote for your own, go ahead).

Hoping to read some good responses,

Anthony

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Re: The Best of The Back Porch
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 06:54:13 PM »
First of all, welcome to Weenie Campbell.

Sorry to say, bb, but I think you'll get about as much response to that as you did to posting about an electric guitar. <G> I don't think the postings on the Back Porch should be looked at in a competitive way. For one thing, we don't want people thinking they're not good enough (to compete?), when the idea is to get constructive criticism at whatever level you play. For another, we want people to want to post stuff that is early in process so that they can get feedback they can use, not wait 'til something is polished to impress folks. And finally, we really don't want folks posting their hottest stuff to show off. That's just not the point. I think following your suggestion would go against the Weenie Mission. Not "old", but off the mark. If you snoop around here for a little while I think you'll see that Weenie Campbell tries to be a place more about fostering interest in pre-war country blues by creating a safe place to learn, which I hope might be valuable to you. Both giving and taking of constructive criticism are not easy and require a certain ambience of conduciveness.

Thanks for understanding.

All for now.
John C.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 07:08:04 PM by waxwing »
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: The Best of The Back Porch
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 07:07:31 PM »
What Waxy said, but I'd vote for Frankie's Church Bells if pressed.  (Sorry Wax, :P.) I think it's stunning. All the rest are great too though.  ;D

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal